1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Phones4U Why you confuse me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Weekly_Estimate, 27 Oct 2012.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Okay i made a order with Phones4U for the new samsung note 2. I phoned up and they told me my address didn't link up with my banks and basically told me to f*** off. So i went to the Carphone warehouse and it worked fine, however my credit rating kicked my bottom into next week and i failed the "can this kid haz one test"

probably because i get paid by cash in hand and generally only throw money in when its needed to pay bills. so hence low credit rating...

Last night i went to bed thinking oh well, I'll just sell my iphone on ebay and just buy a cheaper android phone.

So i figured yeah, they've probably seen my bad credit rating and told me where to go!

Few hours later.....

First i was like :eeek: than i was like :eyebrow: now i'm like :grr:

So am i getting a damn phone or not?

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Call them?

I'd suggest not based on the first email, but you'll want to know. If credit turns out to be a problem then you'll have to get saving to buy the handset outright.

3. Weekly_Estimate

I will when they open, seems rather strange they were rude to me on the phone, online chat, made me feel like i was trying to defraud them out of a phone yet i got my iphone 4s though them and never missed a monthly bill.

We'll see...

edit :[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Oct 2012
  4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

With Phones4u its best to go in store. They have a weekly sales target and bend ever backwards for see customers.

They got my cousin a good deal, freebies etc

As for myself the only check they did was debit me a pound to confirm the account was mine.

5. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Surely your last phone was proof?

I had a iPhone 3GS back with o2 2 years ago and had to make a deposit of £300 down which would go back into my bill 3 months down the list etc.

I then left at the end of my contract and when PAYG with another provider.

I've since gone back last month for a iPhone 5 on contract, no check, no deposit. Surely that's because I was a customer with them before?

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I would imagine from when i worked doing phone contracts it was refereed then authorised so your rating was probably around the network providers decline limit or what ever they want to call it.
    As Dom said go in store best way to get an answer on that.

7. Weekly_Estimate

last post, just arrived this thing is freaking massive!

cannot believe it!

8. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

How's your tax return looking then matey? :grr:

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

They will literally do anything for a sale. The card they wanted to do the check on wasny accepted at the time. Electron with Halifax, I also have a Visa Barclays card with no money in the account.

They still put it through.

10. OversizeZantos

OversizeZantos What's a Dremel?

prob the same as mine. Completely legit. I get paid in cash too, but with a wage slip and pay tax. Am a chef so the restaurant doesnt want to pay to set up bacs and have to deposit cash into the account to pay us. Just run the payroll and the income tax and ni are usually nicely covered by the money from card payments anyway.

On a different note, I WANT THAT PHONE! only problem. had my eye on it a while, and can only afford in the next 6mnths due to xmas and a few bills to clear. So got to stick with my copiously battered galaxy s2. good phone, but mines completely shafted

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

How the f*** is that huge thing a phone?

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

The Note is too big for a phone really. I was a 'massive phone enthusiast' when I early adopted the Dell Streak 5" a few years back. But I've got to say that whilst the size is lovely, and the hardware in the Note is second to none, I massively prefer the combination of a sensible sized phone combined with a tablet for browsing.

Hence I now use a 3.5" Xperia coupled with a Nexus 7, best of both worlds IMHO.

13. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

THIS. No wonder the country is being bled dry :rolleyes:

15. Weekly_Estimate

No company's like apple are the reason the country is being bled dry! not me :(

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Your lack of understanding of what I meant blows my mind. Mind officially blown.

17. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

I think you're just going to have to say it outright Unicorn.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well, at least we can hope Samsung UK is paying its taxes. ;) You could have blown it all on Starbucks or at Amazon...

19. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

You think that's big? There's a 7" tab that has cell capabilites. Don't know what it is called (could be a cheap Chinese tab for all I know), but it makes the person look like a dwarf/child with a phone.

20. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

[​IMG]