1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News id Software launches Rage Tool Kit for modders

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Feb 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I'm interested to see how long modern processors would take doing a map or something.

3. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I hope a few nice custom missions come out for this game. There felt like a lot of missed chances to do things especially near the end of the game but I would not mind starting this game up again for a few good user created mods/missions. I wanted to REALLY like rage when I played through it and the DLC (which was quite good for a cheapy DLC and had a really cool airship battle) but in the end I can only think about what might have been if ID had invested a bit more time into the story and fleshing out the world a bit more. It was a real shame that once the credits rolled and the game booted you back into your post-game world, nothing really changed, the bad guys were still around in all the towns and the NPC's didn't regard you as the person who saved everything from the evil authority. They just went about their business as if the things had never changed and that was the biggest letdown for me. It never felt like you actually accomplished anything.

4. mdshann

mdshann What's a Dremel?

Probably quite a while, I would assume that their renderfarm is probably pretty modern.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Wow, I had forgotten Rage even existed. Was quite hyped for it until it actually released, and then lost all faith in id and their dedication to PC. While this release is good news, how popular do they expect this toolkit to be? The game is ancient by industry standards, and first impressions (terrible) count for a lot.

6. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Are you sure you are talking about rage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

7. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

i think he means ancient in the game play style of the game perhaps.. a nicer way of putting it is rage is an old school shooter type FPS.

but if he means in the tech or graphics.. then ummm ... i +1 ur question.