1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News DICE projects put on hold until Battlefield 4 is fixed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 5 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

They still release these games though so they already have peoples money I feel consumers are now the testers for these games.

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Well second assault was due to be released in January time, its already out on XBONE so we know that expansion is basically ready. My bet is that most of them are pretty much done anyway, just polishing left to do, after all, they are just map packs. Cant be that much work involved in them.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

At least they are not doing the same as most developers.
    It's now common place for a game to be riddled with bugs, and DLC to come out before they fix problems with the base game.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

About bloody damn time too. Fortunately I only get the occasional crash on map rotation, but I know people who get constant crashes mainly due to the soundloop problem.

6. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

The last patch made an improvement. Only 1 crash last night instead of about 4 or 5 per 4 hour session.

7. Wazza

Wazza What's a Dremel?

That is the reason why I haven't bought it yet. BF3 was the same after launch and I felt like a tester!
    Really need a new machine to play it on if anyone is feeling generous! :)

8. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Screwem, Medal of Battlefield 93 is a console game for pre-pubescent imbeciles with a sub-shoe-size IQ.

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It all started to go wrong with BF2 if you ask me, when the first DLC's came out.

10. technogiant

technogiant What's a Dremel?

So I guess that means we also won't be seeing the "Mantle" version of BF4 as was scheduled... :-/

I was so waiting on that to gauge how much improvement that would produce before purchasing my next card....was really wanting to get a non reference 290 non-X with custom cooling...but they are taking sooo looong and now mantle results will be delayed.....my love is starting to shift to a 780ti....does everything AMD touches turn to $$hiit.

11. iggy

iggy Minimodder

dear god. speechless. you do understand AMD dont make this game right? i think you'd be better off with a console.

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

But the guys that do make the game have to integrate the mantle api with the existing source code. Amd supply the tools and support dice developers will do most of the grunt work

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

14. iggy

iggy Minimodder

Still not AMDs fault dice cant code a game for **** =p

Tbh, with them completely cornering the console gfx market, and steamos coming next year, amd look like a really really safe bet

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are a safe bet, Steam OS is an open platform, so Nvidia or AMD are on a level playing field.
    I don't see Mantel being the big game changer some people seem to think its going to be, if anything its probably targeted at being able to play games on lower spec hardware. What with AMD's APU and the low spec of the console hardware.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Isn't that exactly what EA have done?
    Difference is they've already charged most players for the DLC. Kind of makes it worse tbh.

17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Well at least they have stopped after one DLC and said they are going to fix the base game. Maybe i should have said most company's release endless DLC's while only fixing the game breaking bugs, its understandable that one DLC is released before bugs are squashed as most DLC are in production before release and the bugs are not known about.

What annoys me is when company's release more than one DLC yet refuse to fix some glaringly obvious bugs, it kinda stinks of we got ya money, we don't care if its broken.

18. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

What's worse in when it's hard to imagine the developers didn't know they game was so bug-riddled before it got shoved out the door. Either QA sucks hard, or the suits push too hard, wanting it out the door making money when the devs are telling them it isn't ready. In either case, eventually it comes back to bite them - before too long, everybody will be playing the waiting game. There will always be a handful of bleeding-edgers that have to have it first day. For the rest of us, we'll let them play beta tester. Once it hurts first-week sales enough times, maybe the studios will wise up and finish their games before they push them out the door.

19. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Nvidia on their forums said Dice had a lot of work to do to fix the game.

20. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

As a player these issues are frustrating.. but as a server admin and clan rep the problems are dreadful! These include:
    - Having to tiptoe around our map rotation (to avoid the server crashing and losing our guests),
    - avoiding certain maps altogether (ones which cause frequent hangs for players),
    - maintain constant vigilance of players glitching,
    - running our server in vanilla mode (both to stay in the battlelog server browser AND since hardcore - our usual mode - is terribly unbalanced still).

Tags: Add Tags