1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other SQL Training

Discussion in 'Software' started by Guest-23315, 24 Mar 2016.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Hi guys, not sure if this was better in here or in General, so ill start it here.

I need to get some kind of SQL training/qualification for work, and they've basically said I can learn it/do it how and when I want to.

I was wondering if anyone has any prior experience with any online courses/classes and what they'd reccomend?

:thumb:

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

If they're paying then something like a QA course is always good.
    If you want to do it in your own time then look at CBT Nuggets

Guest-23315 likes this.
  3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I think In an ideal world I'll probably try and do it on my own time..

But if I find that doesn't work, I'd definitely rather go the route of a condensed full day/residential course rather than doing evenings after work.

EDIT: Will have a chat with the QA people as that seems like the route I'll probably end up going down, as I did the same kind of set up for IMC/FCA with BPP.

4. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I've taken a few courses with QA in Leeds and each has been fantastic but I personally always look at something like the CBT Nuggets range for reinforcing as I like they way most of the CBT stuff is presented.

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Learning on your own is nice, but will always lack the extra stuff from tutored courses that will transform a working/ok(ish) request into an optimal request. Trust me on this, had to learn SQL by myself 12 years ago having proper courses 10 years later made me realise how much I ignored :D.

6. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I find with learning any IT related, and probably true in many other areas, that putting all your eggs in one basket is a mistake. If you can do courses with work, do so, but try absorb from different sources. I know a lot of people that failed, for instance CCNA at my previous work, because they only used one source for their learning. They knew the video inside out... but the commands they needed to solve certain problems were not emphasised in their course, so they were failing by 100 points or so. Now, I know that you may not be focused on passing an exam based accreditation, but missing a command here and there could be the difference in your daily life.

7. BigDan

BigDan What's a Dremel?

Sites like Code Academy and Code School have some free SQL lessons you can take.