1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress CS: GO Asiimov MMRPX2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by montymole, 17 Oct 2014.

1. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

[​IMG]

Sponsored by
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello again folks Due to a major hold up with the Silver Ghost Project and needing something to keep me busy This counter Strike mod was cooked up.

Counter Strike is a favorite game of mine even though I am not like even all that good at it I knew it was a great theme for a mod so I got to thinking about the weapon skins and the Asiimov seemed the perfect choice everyone knows it as they have been shot by some l33t kid :) So the colors in the skin will carry right through the mod.

This project is Sponsored by the good people at BitFenix and I am using their Fury 750W PSU again as well as their lights and fans
    Also Massive Thanks to Asus for the 290X Matrix

CPU: Intel i5 4770k @4.4Ghz
    M/B: Asus Gryphon Armour
    RAM: Corsair Vengance pro 2400Mhz
    GFX: Asus R9 290X Matrix Platinum
    PSU: BitFenix Fury 750W
    SSD: Samsung EVO 240Gb

Cooling will be EK & Bitspower with E22 ultra clear as always.

The Case will be built from scratch we have gone through several designs and ideas from the tower we decided on 1st too the horizontal one we have gone with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Nov 2014
  2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I like the design on this one. Good luck!

3. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Hey thanks man I am excited about it I am spending today in the workshop to get all the internal bits cut and the two cases fixed together and I can just keep working on this as I have all the hardware the designs are 80% done so its just a case of doing the internals and the bolting the new panels on ......... or so we hope :)

4. DBRichard

DBRichard What's a Dremel?

Thanks you for liking the design, I'm working hard to complete it as soon as possible, more coming soon for sure

5. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

So happy that you are bringing your talents to this project and many more in the future I have been very busy today with the jigsaw and files we are well on track for i53

6. gavbon

gavbon Extreme Overclocker/PC Anarchist

I can't wait to see this!

7. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Oh the asiimov, I love that design! (CS GO player myself) Can't wait to see what this will look like. I sure like your mods!

8. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Thanks mate The Asiimov was the perfect choice for what I wanted to do here are some more or the design from ROG Richard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lot more detail to come yet but you can now see where we are going with it :)

9. DBRichard

Some logo's :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

montymole likes this.
  10. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Oh yes very nice mate Ill have a update from my end soon :)

11. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Hi people had a very busy week with working on a build for a customer and had no time and was waiting on the materials to arrive to change things as the 1st plan was not working in the way I wanted also the case looked far to skinny and tall so after a good talk with Richard we decided to completly change the layout and shape of Case and now the hardware can be upgraded and a dual loop is now planned so here are some pics from the workshop excuse the mess but you will get the general idea from these pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see a Parvum Mid wall is being used and are now available at OCuk :)

Got some new hardware to test and photo as well as get this frame finished over this weekend updates will be incoming and Richard is busy working on the revised plan for the externals.

This is all I will be working on all weekend and next week so we will have something like a PC really soon bye for now :)

12. DBRichard

Design update :)

Here is the Asiimov MM RP (V2)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still missing a second 480mm grill which I'm working on right now, a few color accents will be added to the panels and some logo cut outs, next design update will be the final design :D

13. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Hello again people we have changed the layout and the hardware now using an Asus Gryphon Armour and a Delidded Intel 4770k

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started to change the looks of the board with the Asiimov theme

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is going to look something like this quick one done in Photoshop
    [​IMG]

And before I get everything squared up fit a proper floor panel tap the holes for mounting the panels the feet and powder coat the steel frame just double checking everything fits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just waiting on my Vinyl plotter to arrive and I can finish the motherboard and think about some new GFX Cards or Card all the loop is planned Richard is 90% done and its 10 days for laser cutting so we are doing well for time :)

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Is it weird to go all misty-eyed when seeing that Monty Mole cover art? Ah, the memories! :)

15. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

From a great era of gaming back when games where all about game play not making money from dubious DLC and unfinished overpriced titles that we see far to much of :(

16. DBRichard

I'm back with the final design update :D There will probably be some extra renders but nothing will be added to the 3D model

Left side
    [​IMG]

Left angle
    [​IMG]

Front
    [​IMG]

Right angle
    [​IMG]

Right side
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Till next time :)

17. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Subbed! That looks awesome! Too bad you had to have logos all over it. :D Why the design change to the dual rifle grill though? I thought the Asiimov grill was perfect.

18. DBRichard

The AWP grill is still on it on the left side, I just had to make another grill for the right side ;)

19. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Hello again folks been very busy so slow on the updates but got a load of new pics of the actual frame next but 1st need to thank Asus For Sponsoring the Project with a Beastly R9 290X Matrix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will be getting and EK block installed as soon as its been tested etc so over to the frame...

The Parvum Mid Plate is installed using their own modding cubes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The PSU is mounted and the floor panel fitted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These rads are defiantly Battle scared ;)
    [​IMG]

I will be swapping these for White fans with white LEDs
    [​IMG]

Waiting on some corner pieces to arrive for the top of the case hence plastic inserts sticking out

[​IMG]

Got the MNPCTECH feet installed they make any case look the bit better and really do make it sit right :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is our 1st little problem when I was measuring the case i used a 780 GTX and give ample clearance for the roof but the Asus 290X Matrix is a much wider PCB and now the roof does not fit :(

[​IMG]

So Unless we want it to look like what happens to the bus in live and let die ...

[​IMG]

we need about 20mm extra just as well that nothing has been laser cut yet but due to the new laser cutter that will be in house at E22 it has made my modding work so much easier so it really just a case of making he case a bit taller That is all for now folks back soon with more pics once the frame is powder coated and everything is ready to start plumbing up :)