1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Three just cancelled my £15 a month All You Can Eat plan

Discussion in 'General' started by Parge, 1 Apr 2016.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

.....and tried to move me to a £30 a month plan.

Insta-cancel!

Been a customer for 7 years, rang them up, they offered 12GB + 200min for £20 or 8GB + unlimted minutes for £18.

So, pay more for a lot, lot less? Nah, I'm good. If they'd just let me continue, they'd have had my cash for another 7 years in all liklihood. I don't even use that much data (5-9GB a month on average), and less than 200 minutes.

Has anyone got any recommendations for alternatives?

Best I've found so far is EE's offer of 16GB Double fast (up to 116mb/s) 4G + Unlimited minutes and Unlimited Texts.

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Damn! I thought this was food related :sigh:

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Three are terrible - they certainly that good any more in respect of a reasonable deal. As for customer service, forget it. They denied I had any rights when my Phone was faulty and refused to help.

The sad thing is in my area they are the best for signal and 4G my contract is due for renewal in June and looking that their prices if I were to take another phone with them I'd be paying more for less than I have now - unless I go Sim only - really not sure what I want to do to be honest.

My Dad is happy on EE and it does look like they have some reasonable deals.

Vodafone are worth a look, but if you want to port your current number over I would think again, they can't get that right in a month of Sundays.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

5. Behemoth

Mrs Behemoth has a £19 a month plan with them giving her unlimited data - will get her to check her bills as I know she is on a limited income so something like that will make things quite tight for her given she's only on ESA and living off her savings.

She's out of contract too half surprised they haven't been phoning her up bothering her to take an upgrade for a new 24 month deal at vastly inflated price.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This is the same Three that tried to con me last month lmao.

That's the beauty of buying a unlocked sim free handset and only giving my number to my wife and mother - I can just chuck the sim and get another one free :D

I will see how my £20 top up goes first I guess, but yeah, data has been really cheap on Three.

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

While I understand your frustration if think you might struggle to do any better than what they offered you on a different network.

Reasonably priced properly unlimited deals are pretty much a legacy thing these days and it's inevitable that eventually they'll try to hoover up the people still on them if they can.

Giffgaff's £20 "Always on" deal might be worth considering if it fits your usage: https://www.giffgaff.com/goodybags

8. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

Three have put their prices up for all the unlimited data plans. I'm on PAYG with them and have been for 5+ years, I used to top up £15 a month to get the unlimited data/300mins/unlimited text plan, they put it up to £20 last year and now its gone up to £25 over the weekend.

My mother was on the ONE plan for years with unlimited data + tethering, theyve downgraded her now to some rubbish plan. they going to loose soooo many customers over all these pricing changes

9. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Not had a good time of Three recently either, had £25 top-up evaporate on me over night. I then revived a text saying they had fixed the issue with the top-up service...Still no credit.

As I'm in New Zealand they are claiming its data roaming costs, despite that being turned off, and an allowance of 150mb every time you top up.

Several emails have been ignored.

Withe regards to a replacement carrier, id not touch EE, or O2 with a barge pole, both are sneaky shits with price hikes.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That's what they did. I phoned for £20 credit and they sold me one of those plans instead that I didn't want or ask for.

I last topped my phone up when I bought it and put £50 on it. It lasted me around seven months, as I make no calls and only hop on data when I'm out and that's usually between WIFI hot spots. So £20 should last me months, not just one month.

Funny thing was they could not remove the £20 add on thing so I got that *and* the £20 I initially wanted. And guess what? I didn't use any of it :D

11. Behemoth

The only issue with GifGaff is the data speeds. They are a guest Network on 02, so if 4G is important to you then you will need to look elsewhere.

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Three said in January they were going to do this, No real suprise its begun happening now its April. Three were paying a fortune for people on those old plans and got rid of them to better balance the costs.

Three are merging with 02 I would be very suprised if there is alot of difference between there deals when it comes down to it.

13. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Yeah do not go on giffgaff the speeds are woeful, I only put up because its cheap.

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Did the same to me, got a letter telling me I'm being moved off my £12.90 AYCE data tariff and am being moved to a £20 a month one. What pissed me off most was that I am being changed over without being asked, and if I don't want it I must give 30 days notice and the change over is the 5th May. Bit of a short time for me to change over.

How much was the EE deal Parge? BT had one for £20/25 IIRC for 20GB.

15. Parge

I looked into the BT - No tethering so not interested.

I got the EE deal in the end, cannot beat 16gb of 116mbps speeds. Go through topcashback and you'll get £47.25 back, meaning it works out to £16.49 a month.

16. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I'll be in the same boat soon, so will my parents. I'll also be looking for an alternative because if they think they can demand double the price for less and retain me as a customer they are very much mistaken. I also need tethering (I don't use it much but it's a very nice thing to fall back on if the DSL plays up) but could get away without loads of data. Unlimited data is nice simply because there's no fear of unexpected charges. What I mainly need is minutes as I get through a lot, I've never exceeded the 2000 I have now (plus 5000 3 to 3) but in total I probably get through one to two thousand each month.

17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Not hanging on for Sky Mobile?

18. Parge

I haven't heard anything about it since last year - is it still happening?

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Very much so, but as you can imagine it's a massive Programme of work.

20. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

I moved to BT from Three after the price rise. With cashback and vouchers when I signed up it made the price effectively £18 a month instead of £25 which beat Three's ridiculous price rise. Also the added bonus of BT sport which is good for me :)

Also I'm on Android and have tethered fine with no problems when needed. Apparently different if you own an iPhone though as it removes the tether setting from the menu options.