Low Points

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Leroyingo, 31 Oct 2011.

1. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

I recentlly finished a bigadv unit 6900 in under 2 days including upload, yet only netted 46k instead of the usual 66k. Any one had low returns before? Is there anywhere where you can see
    the work units you have returned as well as the points they netted?

2. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Put one away (windows) a few days ago but got the usual amount of points.

Now not getting any bigadv units though, just getting P10128 units which give rubbish PPD :/

3. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Bigadv seem a bit thin on the ground at the moment (linux).

Two of my 3 machines are running standard SMP WUs with the loss of approx. 20K PPD.

4. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

I've had this happen to me before. What happened in my case was that I was given a WU which crashed at around 20% (unstable machine) my client binned it and downloaded another WU which it completed, I then got given the exact same WU that had crashed before, after I completed it I got low points because my completion time was based on the very first time I received the WU. Check your log and see if you've had a crash, or ask in the folding forums "Issues with a specific WU"

5. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Im now enjoying my third day without a 6900 :-( I'd been wondering why my PPD had drooped. These things happen, I'm sure it'll bounce back.

J.

6. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

60K average PPD is a drop? My new 2600K (clocked to 4.5GHz on air) is currently working on a 7009, with an estimated PPD of 41K, and I thought I was doing well with that :) That's my first wu on the new system, so will see what it can do with bigadv in about 30 mins (well, maybe more than 30 mins - I need to finish at least some of it to get an estimate :D )

Last edited: 1 Nov 2011
  7. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

Finished another one and got the usual points. Maybe Jondis theory is correct, although I havent had a workunit crash for a month or so, since i set this new rig up.

Debs3579 i was talking about the total points for the completed WU. 41k ppd from a 2600k is great - you must be using Linux?

8. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

The 60K ppd I mentioned was me reading someone elses sig. Your ppd average (in your sig) is 74K, making my system look slow, until I read it properly and saw you have 2 systems running. Mind you, your ppd is pretty good if you aren't folding 24/7!

I'm using Windows 7 and F@H 7.1.38 beta. It'll be a few days before I know if the estimated figures are close to accurate, the wu on my old PC will finish tomorrow and then I'll only have this system running, so it'll be easier to monitor :)