1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus Transformer Trio Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 3 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. enciem

enciem Minimodder

need. wish the rez was higher though. I wanted one of the earlier models but couldn't find a purpose to them, still like them though, if money were no object maybe

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

so is it a windroid device?

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I think it's an Andr(e)ws one.

5. Freemanator

Freemanator What's a Dremel?

If the price is right then I might consider this to round out my computing portfolio. See no point in a tablet unless it is iOS or Android, and minimal point in a laptop if it isn't Windows, so this is potentially the winning solution.
    But it would need to be priced to match ultrabooks, rather than an ultrabook and tablet combined.

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Such a neat idea. Sort of an independant all-in-one-minus-monitor desktop and a tablet, that merges into a powerful laptop.

I'd love to work in Asus R&D. "So, you've got a madcap idea that has no proven market?... We'll do it!" :)

7. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

instnat -> instant ;)

8. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

16:10 screen? I'm in.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Why would you want a higher res than that, already seems huge for a 10" device to me, hell, it's a bigger res than my 24" desktop monitor.

Hope they've improved the docking into the keyboard, as I think that's the only weak point in the current transformer. My sister has a Transformer TF300, and the tablet bit can rock back and forth quite a bit in the dock, enough it seems to sometimes make it lose connection with the SD card in the dock. Also, the charger was terrible, very poor design (no doubt to enable different region wall sockets) which caused it to break on the first day.

Tags: Add Tags