1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 1 Desktop per monitor??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kiljoi, 10 Mar 2004.

1. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Ok guys, I have an old nVidia GeForce 4 MX 420 PCI. I was wondering, I have been playing around with it lately, and finally acquired the wonder of Dual Monitors (WOOT!) and I was wondering... It comes with software for running multiple desktops, but I was wondering if it is possible to set up each desktop on a different monitor. I got 2 desktops setup, and I can change between them and use both screens, but I can't get one desktop to display on each screen. Any ideas?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You want 2 individual desktops? or do you just want a clone of the same one?

3. kiljoi

The nVidia software allows me to set up multiple virtual desktops, to have different software running in each, i.e. all of you html progs running in one, and all 3D animation in the other. You can expand them across both monitors, and switch between them, but I would like to be able to display 1 virtual desktop per monitor. If possible, that is.

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Um why bother?

Just move all the html progs in one windows and all the 3d in the other :eyebrow:

5. kiljoi

:duh:
    Ok, thank you Atomic. I feel stupid.
    (This reminds me of something interesting I read. When the U.S. first started going into space, they realized that pens don't work in zero gravity, so they spent like over a billion $ on developing this pen that could write upside down, in zero gravity, under water and all this stuff. The Russians used a pencil.)

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

7. kiljoi

Thanks, I'll have to check it out when I get home later.

8. mulberrycrush

mulberrycrush Minimodder

do u play a lot of simulations?
    it could be worth it

Tags: