1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News DS Lite gets UK release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 22 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Ooh! Pity we have to pay more (yet again), but there's no surprise there.

3. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Well at least its only a couple of weeks after the US release and not the usual 6 months. somehow I always get the feeling that Nintendo does not really like europe.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm curious, are there not companies in existance that can just fill ships with things that cost more in the US, and bring the stuff over here, thens sell it for £30 less then anyone else, and still make a profit? I'm tired of paying more then the US, and all the "economies of scale", inflation, different currency rubbish doesn't wash. We get ripped off, on a daily basis, and I'm damn tired of it.

5. ContingenctPlan

ContingenctPlan What's a Dremel?

QFT! Seeing people on hardforum getting their 3007fpw's for $1400, when they cost at least £1200 over here, makes me want to cry.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the same happens here in Portugal because of taxes.

have you noticed that since the euro hit the prices of stuff like bread and rice have doubled?

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I might buy myself a US DS lite from lik sang if I get one. No way I;'m gonna pay full UK price for one.

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

We havn't, because, thank god, we're not using the Euro in the UK. But yeah, I was aware that prices throughout Europe for a lot of cheaper products have basicly doubled, mainly because shops realised that people were confused about prices, weren't able to think that straight about what things used to cost, so many prices went up by 60-100%.

9. Fusen

Fusen What's a Dremel?

the problem with importing huge quantities of stock from cheaper places like the US or asia is that you still have to pay import tax so at the end of it you can't make it as cheap as the other countries get without illegally importing ;P

10. riggs

riggs ^_^

Balls!

I imported a white one about a month ago, and while it's a fantastic little machine, the yellow stains that have appeared around the buttons are damn annoying. Hopefully there'll be some replacement black shells on eBay soon...

11. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Ermmm wont you end up paying a premium from Lik sang for importing and then the posssibilty of it getting caught in customs for an extra 20% aprox. i'll be very suprised if it come in at less than the £100 uk price (for instance the current jap import price is £105 with out import tax). Or have I got my sarcasm detector turned off again.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah I just realised that after posting, I got my router from america but it still did end up cheaper than buying it over here. :grr:

The europeans have the euro as an excuse for pricing gaoing up and everyone not realising how much they were paying, WTF is the UK's excuse?

13. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

I was a PSP user and now Europe and the UK are getting a sleek DS lite Black, and Metriod Prime Hunters has got be drooling so much... :D
    Ill probably wait for the reviews of the next batch of games that get released with the DS Lite and around a month or two and I might get one, but who knows!?

Tags: Add Tags