1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Gigabyte Z77 G1 Sniper M3 faulty?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atc95, 19 Aug 2014.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Purchased this motherboard in September 2012 from amazon and it became faulty at the beginning of this year. What is the potential for returns and is it through amazon or gigabyte and does anyone know how much it would cost to get it returned to gigabyte.

I am 99% certain the motherboard was faulty as I could not get a display from the gpu in any of the pci-e lanes on the motherboard and the same gpu has been tested in 2 different PCs and seems to be working fine.

If I can't get it returned, are there any other m-atx Z77 boards still available that support xfire? Have checked scan, ocuk, aria etc but they all seem to have dropped socket 1155 boards.

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I couldnt find any new but Jinq-Sea has a Asus Maximus V Gene in his for sale thread in the marketplace. It supports Crossfire at x8/x8.

3. atc95

Ideally looking for similar pci-e layout to the gigabyte as it left a slot in-between cards for air cooling, although If I can find water-cooling kit and a case that fits it all neatly then that wont be a problem!

Likely that I am going to set it up as air cooling first though so a 5 slot case and motherboard with something like x16 x1 x4 x8 would be ideal.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Going on what they say here all Mobo's come with a 3 year warranty, although going on what they say here you need to e-mail returns@gbt-tech.co.uk for more info.

5. atc95

Sent them an email so I'll see what they say, they will probably come up with some excuse saying it costs a small fortune to deliver it to them and then the same again for repairs and or return of the board :(