1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Titanfall 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by damien c, 12 Jun 2016.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Campaign trailer has just dropped.

I think COD 4 Remastered has just gone out the window, Battlefield 1 was not even getting thought about since it's Dice developing it and using the Frostbite Engine.

Now just to wait for MP details and the MP trailer.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2016
  2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

dice are the best and original founders for battlefield and the Frostbite Engine is brilliant lol, so i dont get your point with that. Saying that WW1 really does not do it for me at all.

titanfall 1 was a swing and a miss for me, but 2 looks to be fixing what they got wrong in 1. awesome gameplay trailer as well.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Battlefield would be getting looked at if it didn't have the same issues in Battlefield 4, Hardline and then Battlefront that were around in Battlefield 3.

I will play the beta of Battlefield 1 but if I notice any of the issues that the other games suffer from then it will just prove, to me that they are incompetent and do not deserve my money.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Multiplayer Trailer

Bye Bye Call Of Duty I think :D

Video doesn't seem to want to play again so if it's not just me having issues here is the link.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISYN1AshZY

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The Frostbite engine is a marvel of modern technology. That's not even a discussion. For all the things that BF gets criticised for, it is never the engine. You must have some very specific issues, caused by your own machine or something.

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Would have to agree, very few devs go back and completely remake parts of the game (netcode) long after release and already made their money. Along with free DLC after a year of release.

Only game Dice has dropped the ball with is battlefront, but i really think EA made dice do something with it as soon as they got the licence and did a half arsed job because they where already full steam ahead for Battlefield 1

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It's not my pc or the previous 3 pc's I have used over the time of playing those games, internet or windows install it's the games.

The newer games are getting better with each patch, but they still have issues that it would appear they are unable to fix.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I found as soon as they upped the tick rate of the servers the major issues I had were pretty much sorted.

You still haven't said what all these "issues" actually are....

9. Hzza

Hzza Minimodder

I really liked Titanfall, I'm not sure why it didn't do better to be honest. Really looking forward to the sequel though, any game with a grappling hook has my interest :D.

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Constant packet loss, killed around corners, killed by pieces of paper on the floor or pieces of wood, bad hit reg and many other issues.

To me it's a fundamental issue with the engine that other developers using the engine seem to be able to fix because but Dice don't seem to be able to fix any of it.

Even the 60hz servers suffer the same issues but not as bad.

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I was interested in the original, but MP-only meant it was a no-sale for me. If Titanfall 2 keeps the gameplay and doesn't completely balls-up the single-player campaign, things are looking good.

12. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

I'm totally so over this. Enjoyed the first game until I burnt out after only under a year. Then got my time sucked into other game.

Definitely picking this one up.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I have just installed Titanfall again and played abit, was good to get back on it and have a laugh.

Installed BF4 again this morning and after downloading I don't know how many GB of data, I played a few levels and most of the issues "appear" to have been fixed.

1 thing that made me laugh is the little icon popping up on screen for "Low Frame Rate" when I was getting over 100fps at 4K Ultra.

14. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I disagree...

15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

In general, or with something specific? :p

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Never played the original myself, but was a mixture of surprised and not surprised at how quickly it seemed to die.

Something different seems cool but I guess the masses quite like the same considering the continued success of the big franchises.

It does look pretty cool

17. Stanley Tweedle

With stuff...

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

me too.

19. Stanley Tweedle

That's good.

I played a bit of Titanfall. I liked it kindof but never got into it for long.

I likes the trailer for 2.

Other than that I disagree with stuff in general.

20. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Is anyone playing the Tech Test this weekend? I played last weekend, but didn't have much free time. Enjoyed it though!

I'm on XB1 as HexyWoo if anyone wants to play (possibly without a mic).

I'm liking Bounty Hunt a lot, but I'm torn because I only got the first Titanfall when it was £9.99 for the game and all DLC. I liked it, but I paid less than £10 for it, so it was well worth it! (I didn't have an XB1 when it came out). Not sure I want to budget for it, but at the same time if my friends get it they'll likely only play it when it's new as they have no attention spans...