1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure about FAHcontrol for GPU client

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by AndyD, 23 Apr 2011.

1. AndyD

AndyD What's a Dremel?

Following advice on these forums I dropped FAHcontrol for CPU folding and moved to fah6.34 and get much better ppd (from 500-1000 ppd now 5000 -7000). My issue is now that I still use FAHcontrol for GPU folding. Problems is I can't find the log files to track using HFM.net despite FAHControl showing me where they are...or does it??:confused:) so I am going to use another GPU client

Question is which one to use for 8800GTX (stock speed, the old girl is getting on a bit!). Also how do I set this up. The advice I got for cpu client set up was exactly what I needed so please explain all steps and switches needed to set up manually...if possible:duh:
    thanks for all the advice

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Ok, download the standard GPU client, I think you can use GPU2 or GPU3 since you have an nVidia GPU but I'm not sure.

Then it's basically the same setup as SMP (at least for GPU2). Command prompt, cd c:/[folder]/...[folder with client].
    Now type the filename of the client (I changed it to FAH8 to make life easier :)) and -configonly.

Enter all your info again as before and you should be away :)

You may find switching your SMP client to -smp 3 may yield an overall higher ppd as this will free up a core for your GPU to use. If you want to do that, just do the same thing for the SMP client as before, except under additional parameters type -smp 3 :)

Oh make sure your clients are in different folders, otherwise it'll confuse HFM:hehe:

3. AndyD

AndyD What's a Dremel?

great, thx for quick advice will get onto this soon

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I'd maybe stick with the GPU2 client, but that's because I'm not sure whether GPU3 supports the older gen cards :)

5. AndyD

AndyD What's a Dremel?

Cheers
    Now getting 9000 to 11,000 PPD per day. what a difference. So advice to all.... be careful of FAH control and check your PPD's:sigh:
    Thanks for all your help