1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ministry of Defence unveils Joint Cyber Unit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Sep 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I've got a bad feeling about this.

3. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Ha, I used to play Bloodnet on the Amiga, I'll get round their Cyber defences

4. himaro101

himaro101 What's a Dremel?

remember, according to every film with any form of hacking, there is always the backdoor command that will give you full control of any system!

But on a more serious note, it's a fact that the battles will be fought online as well as offline. you could shut down vast swathes of the UK if you wanted to and had the resources to do it.

I just worry that the powers will be abused.

5. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

This sounds like a bad movie. Like not even Asylum or SyFy, but straight to DVD, has that one old guy from an 80's TV show in it and some girl with a guest appearance in House as 'Girl with scissors through neck' as her only credit on imdb bad. It'd come out after a big budget movie called 'The Fifth Domain', and it's be called either 'The Sixth Domain' or 'Domain 5'.

can we have a poll for what should be added to that crest to represent space and 'cyber'. i'd like to nominate Dan Dare (the epitome of british space exploration and adventure), and Tim Berners Lee, stood either side of it.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I second the motion. Bonus points if they have the Mekon whizzing off at the top-right shouting "Damn you, Dan Dare!"

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

And remember: hacking involves 8-bit retro text graphics and rapid hammering on the keyboard --'cause the other side types fast too!

Surely not?

8. Ghast

Ghast uh...

Dear UK,

America here, too late.

**** our lives,
    -Citizens (re: subjects)

9. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Haha! I'm sure the libertarian Sir Tim Berners-Lee would love an entire offensive-warfare division associated with his face! :)

Anyway, if our military top-brass are anything like their cousins in the American military top-brass, (which I suspect many are) they'll probably just use the Star Trek symbol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-secret-war-room-Star-Treks-Enterprise.html

"Live long and prosper people, (unless you're a commie or a fundamentalist of course...)."