1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ----- Parvum Toxic -- X99 -----

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BartKessels, 2 Nov 2015.

1. BartKessels

BartKessels What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Banner created by @Rumikarimu (linustechtips.com)

Welcome to my build log

This is my first buildlog ever so any comments/feedback will be very much appreciated.

Who am I?

My name is Bart Kessels and I'm 16 years old. I study industrial sciences at school and my hobbies are building computers and designing stuff in inventor or other 3d programs. Apologize for any spelling and / or grammatical errors because English is not my native language :rolleyes:

Components

Main components

• Intel core i7 4770k - Intel Core i7 5930k
    • Msi z87 MPower - Asus X99 Deluxe
    • 16 Gb ddr3 dominator platinum - some ddr4
    • Msi gtx 780 Ti
    • Samsung 840 evo 250 Gb - 2 x plextor m6s ssd (sponsored)
    • 2 Tb seagate HDD
    • corsair ax760i - Bitfenix Fury 750G (sponsored)
    • corsair h100i
    • some peripherals

Watercooling components

• EK Supremacy Evo - Nickel, clear
    • EK Coolstream PE 360 (x2)
    • Bitspower fittings - matte black
    • Rigid tubing
    • EK FC780 GTX Ti - Nickel
    • Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow
    • Noiseblocker Eloop B12-P - 2000 rpm (x6)
    • Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro - Bitfenix recon fancontroller (sponsored)
    • Aquacomputer D5 with USB und Aquabus
    • Aquacomputer farbwerk (RGB leds) - 4 x Bitfenix Alchemy 30cm LED strip (sponsored)

My design

The case is made in Inventor professional 2012 and rendered in Keyshot (nothing fancy but just to give you guys an idea). I love a yellow/black color sheme and have therefore chosen radioactive as theme. The case will be made by Parvum Systems but unfortunately I will have to wait until they will accept custom designs again. The case will be made from steel and acrylic. Why steel? Well because it looks good (Sponsored Parvum Senescentis) and it fits my theme because when I think about something that is radioactive, it reminds me of Chernobyl where there's a lot of rusty steel nowadays. The mid plate will be a lightbox and there will be a custom reservoir. There is a possibility that the components in the pictures don't correspond to the reality, this is due to the fact that I just downloaded them from grabcad.com as an example

The render

[​IMG]

Name of the project

Well I thought about Parvum Intoxicated but it would not fit with the concept. What do you think? Do you maybe know a nice name?
    I'm also still looking for that wow-factor, if you have an idea please let me know!

Sponsor(s)

I am very pleased with the fact that this build will be sponsored. Thank you very much sponsor(s)

Noiseblocker

I would like to thank Mr. Niels Polenz for the fans that he will sponsor.

Bitfenix

I would like to thank Mr. Richard Prins for all the stuff that he and Bitfenix will sponsor.

Plextor

Thnx to Mr. Jeroen Schuurbiers we now have some awesome ssds !!

Team Group

Thank you Team Group for provinding the DDR4 Ram!

Bart

Last edited: 4 Nov 2015
  2. BartKessels

Reserved for final pictures

3. BartKessels

[​IMG]

UPDATE

Hey guys! Just a small update with some components that i received.
    Once again I would want to thank my sponsors for realizing this project!

The fans
    These fans are just awesome, I'm currently using them in my pc and ooh man what a difference! They are extremely quiet in comparison with the H100i stock fans and they even perform better :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plextor ssds
    I have them in raid 0. Read speed is +/- 950 MB/s and write speed is +/- 630 MB/s. I also like the design of these ssds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asus X99 Deluxe
    About the motherboard: it's a very nice and beautiful motherboard but I just hate the AI Suite 3 software OMG. Anyway, I would love to have seen some LEDs between the covers and the motherboard itself because you can barely see it in a dark case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I forgot to take some pictures of my processor and RAM as I needed them ASAP because I already sold my old processor ... :rolleyes:
    My processor runs stable at 4.6 Ghz @1.3V (I'm still fine-tuning the voltage to).

4. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Hi,
    can't see the pics. (I checked other logs but there no problems)
    No hints from fotobucket on the reason why the pics don't show

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Looking at the headers above the pics we're not missing much, other than about 30 product shots.

His account has been overloaded, possibly by posting the pics on too many forums. I used to get this myself so I opened up four accounts and spread the pics over them evenly.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Or pay the subscription to photobucket, worth it if you use it a lot.

7. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Imgur.

Free and I still have pics up from years ago......

8. BartKessels

Thnx guys, I'll use imgur from now on.

9. BartKessels

[​IMG]

UPDATE #2

Hey guys! I received another package, this time it's one from Bitfenix!!

PSU

I didn't even know that Bitfenix made power supplies untill now but omg what does this PSU look good! The PSU also comes with a set of fully braided cables, wich are just stunning in my opinion. :D
    Don't know if they are going to make a 1000W version but I already asked for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fancontroller

The only flaw I can find, is the huge bundle with cables at the back of the fancontroller but it works just fine.

[​IMG]

Some extras

Sleeved sata cable

[​IMG]

LEDstrip

[​IMG]

It was a pain in the ass to make and design the case but we're finally getting somewhere ...
    I would also like to thank my new sponsor, Team Group, for providing me some DDR4 for this build (review: Team Group Dark 16Gb 2800MHz)
    In the meantime I also bought a D5 with an EK top that will be polished.

Team Group Dark DDR4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally the case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to tweak the design quite a lot but I think it will still look very nice. As you can see I also added a 5.25 in bay for the fancontroller.
    Bart

Last edited: 24 Feb 2016
  10. Cown

Cown Minimodder

Looking really nice so far :thumb:

11. BartKessels

[​IMG]

Update #5

After waiting for a very long time, I´ve decided to make the case by myself. The lack of communication between me and Parvum has just been below average (in my opinion). I don't know if someone else had/has this problem to but it might be something to keep in mind?

So let's move on with this build. Luckily I'm studying at a technical school that has the appropriate equipment to finish it. The things I've already made are the reservoir and a front panel. In the meantime I bought some acrylic and dam what do I love that glow …

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have to polish the reservoir but I think it already looks awesome! The reservoir was CNC milled by a good friend of my. I used some 10mm thick clear acrylic form Evonik. The only downside was that the vacuum cleaner did not really do what it was supposed to do so the entire floor was covered with plastic snow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front panel was laser cutted at school. This is just a test panel to see if the measurements were correct therefore, it is made out of triplex (plywood?).

[​IMG]

Yes the plate was a bit to small …
    Up to the next update!

Bart

12. BartKessels

[​IMG]

Update #6

Back at it again with another update :p Let me think what I have done since the last update … Oooh yes I remember now. I CNC milled the horizontal plate on which the motherboard will be placed. Unfortunately, the drill was worn down wherefore the holes don’t match anymore. I’ll have to order a new acrylic panel and replace this one but those are worries for later. The 24-pin cable will be replaced by that of Bitfenix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love to see how the board is flush with the plate

[​IMG]

I polished the pump top and reservoir but for some reason I didn’t make a picture of the reservoir … I still have to remove the remaining polishing paste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the meantime I designed a pc case holder or however you would like to call it. For those who want to know how I made it: I first made a rough sketch in Inventor 2016. Then I opened the same file in Autodesk 123d make. This program slices the object, you can set how many slices you want or at which angle it should be sliced and etc. Finally I got it cut with the laser cutter. I’m still thinking about finishing it but I do not know exactly how yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone also welded some metal rings on the outside of the case for me to secure the front and back panel later on. On the inside, we welded some support brackets to hold the acrylic horizontal plate.

[​IMG]

And just some random pictures …

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

I really like this project
    Looking forward to the new moboplate and components inside the case!

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Looks great dude coming along nicely.

The holder looks like what's left of the Mary Rose lol.

15. kim

kim hardware addict

Great build Bart, it will look fantastic with that radioactive reservoir....
    I also use Plextor's M6 SSDs, because the Plex turbo function allows amazing W/R speeds, especially if you have a big amount of RAM ... but if i can allow myself a coment, mounting them in RAID 0 will not bring a lot more of performences, and the datas security is not guaranted, I had the best results with a RAID 5 of three Plextor SSD, and the security of the OS and datas is fully evective with the third one.
    good luck