1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox One gets boosted GPU bandwidth

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Jun 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm surprised no one has asked where this increase in GPU bandwidth has come from on his Twitter account, or do they censor things like that ?

3. Beasteh

Beasteh What's a Dremel?

Eurogamer are claiming that it's the removal of Kinect and some of the system functions (e.g. being able to run background apps) that gives the boost.

4. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

But "not console, but media centre". Surely they can't remove the things they've been bleating on about as reasons to buy? I'm guessing this will still leave them short of PS4 performance too.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It'll still be slower than a PS4, and they're removing one of the key selling points to bring the boost. I don't like Kinect in general but it is fun shouting commands from my room that bring up menus on my brothers console next door.

If the console was at least £50 to £75 cheaper without Kinect, I'd be interested. Well, I am anyway, but not yet.

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Meh, I bought a WiiU. I'm perfectly content with Monster Hunter.