1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Trying to sell something on facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by CrapBag, 25 Mar 2017.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

How many self serving ass wipes are there on this planet.

I'd arranged to sell an item to someone, pretty much on the cheap.

He lives a 40 mile round trip from me and I have been trying to sort out getting the item delivered to his door either by myself and my inlaws for no extra cost and yet he decides to get arsey about it.

Commenting on how he would have to drive a few miles to collect it and yet he was more than happy for me to drive 40 miles

Just a rant really.

Removed myself from the facebook group as there prices were utterly laughable and couldn't see a bargain when it presented itself.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Put a bag of dog crap on his doorstep, set it alight and ring the doorbell.

Inspired by your avatar.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

the ? = jelly beans, my name and your twistedness = crap lol

4. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Selling on facebook is such a nob. Put something on for a tenner which would go for much more on ebay and someone will offer you a fiver. And still expect you to deliver.

I end up taking that stuff to charity shop now. Gone faster.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

After they double dip on fees you don't get much more on the bay of flea either, plus ebay protection mechanisms are so biased against sellers these days its not really worth the risk.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I still use Gumtree. Took me three months to get a good price for my lady's office chair but got there in the end :) you just have to brush off the jokers.

Thankfully I don't often sell stuff, so I don't need to bother with the BS. Problem with Gumtree (and Facebook, mate is always whining about it) is that people are on there looking to make a living. IE - offer you peanuts thinking you are desperate and then listing it on Ebay at a hugely marked up price.

So I have just learned over the years to not buy anything I don't use/want/need/can't afford etc. Works out really well in the end :D

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I used to use FB but far to many folk let you down by not appearing to collect. So use Gumtree and just ignore those that offer me silly money when they are already being offered a bargain.
    We gave away all our white goods, after a kitchen refurb, to a young family that was just starting out in life, you know the types kids with kids, but i had resellers trying there luck to get the stuff. Fortunately they are pretty much known up here in Edinburgh. I did offer the stuff to charities but they were a bit snooty about collection.

8. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I've done it, it is a right PITA to be honest.

I hate the fact you put something up at a reasonable price and people low ball you as they think your desperate to sell. When I do sell stuff on FaceBook I state quite clearly I will take a sensible offer but only when the person is in my house stood in front of the item. I've had several people agree a price with me before they come to collect it only to them lower their offer as soon as they get in the door - they are asked to leave pretty damn quick.

One person drove 60 mile round trip and left my home empty handed.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I gave up on facebook selling, I put a ps3 up for pretty cheap to just get rid, I delivered and the person said I brought the wrong console as they were after a ps4.........they still kept I which was stranger.

I don't buy off there as I simply don't like the look of some of the sellers, pictures of you for a can of Fosters on the park swings doesn't fill me with confidence pal