1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Where to buy replacement car parts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Awoken, 6 Sep 2008.

1. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

The clip on our rear view mirror broke today landing it in my lap. Does anyone know the best way to get a replacement part? We can get it through the dealership but I wondered whether it was possible to pick up a replacement cheaply over the internet. Its a Ford Fiesta Ghia (2002 plate) Rear View Mirror Pt no. 015478. We have a temporary mirror stuck on for now but its not great. Thanks in advance for any recommendations guys.
    Awoken

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Try your local scrappies and eBay. Alternatively dedicated Ford forums should be able to get you one - theres always someone breaking a car, somewhere. You'll find a dealer part will be very expensive.

3. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Definitely local scrap yard, find someone official looking and ask to look round, remember to take some tools with you. Show them whatever bit you've got after and agree a price, waaaay cheaper than a dealership!

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

If you want a new part gimme a PM as we have a ford parts dealer who does good deals via my Focus Owners Club.

Tags: