1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS beta now general release

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 23 Jun 2010.

1. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

The server was just rebooted to load the update, and clients are updating now.

There may be some isssues with the beta and mani plugin, and I'm not sure if it's all ready to go on the server end. We'll find out soon enough, and hopefully it won't be difficult to fix should anything go wrong.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2010
  2. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Woahh, so when is it being merged with current css? cos i'm playing that right now
    Edit: dont worry it's just tried updating for me, server packed though -.- typical21

Last edited: 23 Jun 2010
  3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I can't believe they've changed CS:S... I feel so violated after it's been the same for so long. :hehe:

4. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

I was hoping for mix tonight.. LOL ¬.¬
    rogan would all servers auto update?

5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

All servers will eventually auto update on restart.

How long that will take is anyone's guess, the servers are absolutely hammered.

6. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

well everyone that owns css and has steam running is being updated.. thats a lot of people xd
    ah okay ta, just asking on steam forums about configs and guis and if they will still be usable

7. Krikkit

The Steam servers are being absolutely minced by all this updating, 900MB seems like a massive download for this update, what have they changed graphics-wise?

8. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

someone posted in steam wondering the same thing as everything is in the beta folder, only a few things should need to be updated

[edit] http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319965 knew it! said that would happen as tf2 is only playable at 66 tick, unbelievable, worst thing about update, all else now is hickdoolary

Last edited by a moderator: 23 Jun 2010
  9. Krikkit

Unbelievable. What a load of balls to remove 100tic. I can imagine a lot of people using a de-Steamed version to get back on the bhop fun.

Some of the achievements look quite good, but most are the generic "kill x people with this weapon" or "win a bajillion rounds" stuff.

10. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

Is 100 tick technically playable in the new engine? Cos if it is i'd wonder if zblock could do something,

11. Krikkit

Well my copy finished updating and I've got a few thoughts:
    1) Server browser has a map-browsing feature, pointless imo
    2) Kill-cam... Thank goodness you can disable it in the client through the command line
    3) Don't like the new icons for kills, I'd rather have the old ones which looked much sharper at high res. Haven't found how to revert those yet.
    4) Achievements are reasonably integrated, at least, and the stats tracker is what a lot of folks have wanted for years.
    5) Domination crap is totally useless imo, I didn't like it in other games and now it just feels dirty in CS. :(
    6) In-game scoreboard now has nasty-looking top bar which is far too huge for me, I can't even read it properly at a glance in-game, I have to really concentrate on it, although it has players left alive on it now.

12. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

It pootled along at about 40Kb/s, then dropped to 20, then to <10. Then it died. It's managed about 100MB and now it won't go any further :(

However, from what I've heard, they've Modern Warfare-ified it for no good reason.

13. sparc

sparc What's a Dremel?

Hi all,
    Got the update but I can't connect to the custompc CSS server. Is it just a matter of being patience and to wait a bit longer for things to settle?

Cheers,

Sparc

14. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

Yes, very patient.

15. DJ Hughesy

DJ Hughesy What's a Dremel?

ruined it... css feels like its been gang raped now :(

16. Krikkit

It's not that bad, I'm sure there'll be fixes to unlame some of it. Plus in a week or two most folks will have got the easy achievements so it'll stop nattering on about everyone getting 3/round atm. :)

My biggest annoyance is the box at round end, anyone know if we can alter the alpha for that or something?

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it doesn't like my friend's config for some reason :hehe:

[​IMG]

18. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I recently had a very terse conversation with one of their admins. Hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow, although I sincerely doubt if it will be running as it was.

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I just played for a few hours and I like it so far. CS is nothing spectacular but source is still a thousand times superior to 1.6

20. Pieface

Pieface Modder

For some reason it's taking for bloody ever to download onto my macbook. I need it for Saturday >.<