1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 F***ing 360 SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DeathAwaitsU, 15 Sep 2010.

1. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Sooooo, i usually use my PS3 to stream, but now ive moved i actually have a back room and not half of the kitchen :D
    So i now have my 360 in the back room connected to my network along with my server.
    My internet isn't getting connected till Friday, and sky isn't getting installed till next week (cant get virgin, bas****s) so i thought ill watch some of the films ive not watched yet.

Lo and behold - Xbox 360 cannot play this content unless you connect to the internet to download an update. My PS3 never did this but ok, so tether phone to laptop, connect 360 to laptop and laptop to network, download update, play content. All is good, connect 360 back to network, turn laptop off, play content, all is BAD - Xbox 360 cannot play this content unless you connect to the internet to download an update!

So what your telling me microsoft, is that i cant stream unless im connected to the internet on my 360? Why oh why would that even be necessary? Really, what the **** are they playing at?

Summary: This is my rant because i have no entertainment because microsoft have to be gay :/

Rant Over, thanks for listening :D

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Primarily I see my 360 as a games console, and if it happens to do other things, then they are a bonus. Its definitely not the best AV streamer etc out there.

I think the title of your post is a tad on the sensationalist side. As a games console it is very very good at its job.

3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Was it the same sort of video/audio file when it wouldn't play the second time?

If so, it's a really stupid design blunder.

4. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I tried streaming on our 360/PS3 for a while but after many issues I bought an Acer Revo 3610 and have been happy ever since.

There are also a bunch of dedicated streaming boxes out now you could consider.

http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

yeh some things wont play when your 360 isnt connect to Live.

thats life for ya

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Fixed.

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Lol, I don't see what this has to do with their sexuality.

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

congrats the most obvious reply possible, collect your prize on your way out

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Mine or the other guys? Both were pretty obvious reply's. Microsoft arn't great for providing what they should, so it was inevitable someone would do it. And if you say something is g*y you usually get a response like the other fella said.

If you did indeed mean me, what is my prize? :D

10. DeathAwaitsU

I agree it is a great games console, i play it more than my ps3, but it is also advertised as a media device (sky player etc...) so surely it should be able to play any format you throw at it without having to be connected to the internet, my ps3 plays everything even when not connected to the internet, why should the 360 be any different?

Yes it was, which is why i was so annoyed

11. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

When i want to stream stuff from my pc when i take my 360 downstairs i normally use a program called Tversity. its free and pretty good, don't know if you need live or not tho.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Jesus, this gives my Cyberlink personal hell with PowerDVD a run for its money. Doesn't beat it, but it's in the same vein of retardedness.

GFWL has a similar thing. It prompts you to download and install like 3 updates for it before letting you log in and play, but each one is of course bookended by launching the game, loading the game, downloading via the (obscenely slow) build-in GFWL downloader, exiting the game to watch it install and relaunching the game to try again.

Laughable.

(It might actually only be 1 or 2 updates, not 3; I had to quit my game about 5 times because mroe than once, it simply refused to download. The bar stuck at nothing forever.)

13. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

I use TVersity, but I can't play half of my files with it on the PS3 since its transcoding feature just doesn't seem to work except in 0.001% of all tries :(

Then again, the PS3 does suck for not supporting MKV and such :)

14. DeathAwaitsU

I use PS3 media server, far superior to TVersity, less of a resource hog and less buggy, it can also stream to my iphone :D

15. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

I should probably switch to that one too :)

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I just have a HTPC for media; PS3 and Wii for gaming. Main rig as work horse. All connected through network. Win.

17. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Hey, sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if it is possible to update a game on the 360 without an XBoxLive account?

18. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I can vouch for it too, works a treat.

19. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

PS3 + PS3 Media Server. All your needs satisfied, including MKV.

20. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

:Dok who put the banana in his tail pipe lol

Tags: