1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Problems Booting Computer

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ryanaclark25, 7 Nov 2011.

1. ryanaclark25

ryanaclark25 What's a Dremel?

Hey i ave been trying to solve a problem i am having with my other computer, specs are as follows;

asus P8P67 LE motherboard
    Intel core i5 2500 processor
    corsair vengance 16gb pc3-12800cp 1600mhz RAM
    Earthwatts 500w PSU
    Gainward GeForce GTX 460 G.card

i got the parts about a month and a half ago and since the week i got it it has not worked, it will not boot to windows or show anything at all on my monitor from boot, it doesnt post eitehr.
    I sent the motherboard back to ocuk last week and they have returned it telling me it is ok, i have also changed the graphics card to an old 8800gt and no luck, i have a friend with a psu tester and when he tested it it passed, i am wondering if anyone knows what is going on and what part i should sent to get repaired, need a pretty certain answer as i am a student and funds arent in abundance. any ideas at all would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks Ryan

2. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

what's the Part no of the ram? I recon the ram is not compatible with the board

You tried taking the ram out? It should beep to say that the ram is not in.

Have you seated the processor properly? If only one pin is not right then that will cause it to not post.

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Make sure you have plugged in all the power connectors for the mobo and gfx card, and that the front panel connectors are on the correct pins on the mobo headers.

4. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

That ASUS board should have a Mem ok button to check the RAM if any power is getting to the board if not probably a PSU issue.Do the fans spin up lights on the board to indicate power?

Also try with just one stick for now also a Suicideneil said check all connections and the front headers there should be a power button on the board if the front header are wrong so look for that aswell.

Recommend showing us a video (youtube)or pictures of connections etc and what you've tried well have a look see if we can spot anything.

Is this a first bulid only ask so we know whether we could be looking at a Dead On Arrival case or just a common mistake.

Let us know how you get on dude.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2011