1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Another election question.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 30 Apr 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Why is it that during a general election campaign we see politicians doing all sorts of really naff stuff.

I have seen them cuddling lambs, hand painting, dancing, eating with kids, brick laying, painting, trying to play the bag pipes and many many others. Why? What is the point ? Has your local politician/candidate been photographed doing something equally inane?

2. Ljs

Ljs Modder

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I just think they look ridiculous.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Somebody's adviser is having a good laugh telling their boss that doing these things will win them votes.
    I suspect they're running a book on who can get their politician to do the dumbest thing on camera.

5. Ljs

Ljs Modder

It's sickeningly contrived, but then most things about election campagins are.

6. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

It's to make it seem like they're in touch with the common man... when in fact it just makes it more clear they don't have a clue what they're talking about. Really it just shows how utterly moronic everyone involved in their campaigns are.