1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus announces GTX 980 Ti 20th Anniversary card

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 26 Nov 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

"For extreme overclockers the board also includes Memory Defroster, which quickly defrosts the VRAM when the board is used under liquid nitrogen or other below-freezing cooling systems"

Quite possibly the most awesomest thing I've ever heard

3. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I thought the DCU III design was out already? Unfortunately the DCU II does not offer VRAM cooling afaik but I think the DCU III does.

In my case (R9 280) It is able to handle a hefty core OC and the cooler performs very well, but the lack of VRAM cooling on this card supposedly aimed at overclockers is a huge oversight IMO.

Could be wrong and my DCU II cooler is some cut down piece of garbage they slapped on it and called it DCU II.

However I do like the color scheme as it would fit perfectly with my current rig (mostly Asus gold + black). I'm looking for a worthy upgrade and honestly even with the issues of the DCU II cooler, I do like it. Not sure I want to pay extra for stuff I will obviously never use like the 'memory defroster'.

4. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Finally a graphic card from Asus that matches their motherboards' gold colour theme xD.

5. Ryan@ASUS

Ryan@ASUS What's a Dremel? Moderator

The number after the Direct CU is just indicative of the number of fans used, this uses 2 so is DC2. Newer GPUs will always tend to have the newer variation of the DC cooler but that has no correlation to the number, the number is the number of fans. All Direct CU coolers are validated and tested to provide excellent cooling to the VRAM be that through thermal pads or just direct channeled airflow.

Oh and pricing is expected to be around £719.99, quantities in production will be very limited!

Last edited: 27 Nov 2015
  6. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Interesting! Yeah wish mine had direct contact with the VRAM. Thanks for clearing that up.