1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Ford KA Wheels

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookie, 20 Sep 2016.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Hey guys

I picked up a nice little Fork Ka for the wife on the weekend, its in great condition considering its a 2003 basic model, except the plastic wheel covers are badly scratched and 2 of the tyres are soon to be worn out. I have been offered a set of 14 Inch original KA alloy wheels with nearly new tyres for £70 which seemed a good buy to me.

The current wheels are the 13 Inch standard steel wheels, can I simply swap them over? The bolt holes appear to be in the same place. Will the extra 1 Inch cause any problems if they do go straight on?

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

They will be the same fitting. Only thing I would look at is the tyre profile, say they are a 13" rim with a 70mm tyre profile. In an ideal word the 14"s would be say a 60mm profile to keep the overall rolling diameter the same. Otherwise the speedo will be out slightly.

3. Pookie

Thanks for clarifying that, I will have a look tonight and see what tyres are fitted to the car at the moment and confirm what's on the alloy wheels, fingers crossed that the tyres on the alloys have a lower profile then. I suppose even if they are to big then it's still a decent buy just for the alloys?

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I thought all KAs came with these...

[​IMG]

...sorry nothing constructive to add, just felt i had to make the roller skate joke...

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

No speedo reads correct anyway, they all under report.

Get 'em bought and whack 'em on, if any speed decrepency is present just take a sat nav out with you first drive and see what real MPH is against speedo MPH and drive accordingly

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah its a good buy, If they from a KA they should already have lower profile tyres on them, problem solved.

7. wufer

wufer What's a Dremel?

might be a good idea to inform your insurers about the change.
    things might get a bit tricky if you should have an accident

8. Pookie

Good point, hopefully that's the case. 2 of the tyres are nearly new pirellis :D

Even though they are stock KA alloys? I suppose they might be able to look at the spec of the car against the registration and tell that it was not rolled out of the factory with them on.