1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other A Free design program wanted

Discussion in 'Software' started by Teelzebub, 20 Mar 2010.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Ok this might sound mad but I'm thinking of building a computer case useing stained glass and kiln formed dichroic glass, the glass work isn't a problem .
    But I'm looking for a free program that I can use for the design work something easy to use is there any thing out there that would do the job??
    Would have to be able to design and print out patterns.

2. Teelzebub

Cancel that found one now.
    Now to get on with it.

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

everyone around here seems to love sketchup except me, its piss poor IMO however it works for those with the patience.

Alibre design is as close solidworks as i have found, and they do a trial version free to download. Its also very cheap solution if ya fancy a purchasing a copy.

I use solidworks as a tool for my profession, but its not cheap nor is there a free trial to download.

4. Teelzebub

I found some free paint program and tbh it's not much use i was just going to to go back to pen and paper for the patterns which is really time consuming, and then add the time it take's to cut and shape the glass make's it long project.
    I once made a glass mayan head with a working computer in it for a art exhibition took ages it was called ancient man mordern thinking.

Just checked the Alibre one looks good downloading it now thanks that Burnout21

Last edited: 21 Mar 2010