1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft replacing Xbox Live voice chat with Skype

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 18 Jan 2013.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Good all imo, Could be nice to call a mate on skype while he is in the middle of a game, rather than calling his phone and it going to voicemail because he cant hear it.

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I was wondering when this would eventually happen. This also seems to point that the next Xbox may hopefully have a normal mic jack too? Considering I'm usually talking on Skype on my pc whilst playing Halo with people, this would be far more handy as I seemingly wouldn't have to juggle audio between my 360 and PC.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I think this is a pretty decent idea, kind of a "why not" feature addition. But while I'm on that same page, why not include the MSN Messenger protocol in Skype? That way people who still use that can still be supported and only need 1 program rather than 2.

5. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

So you'll get Skype flooded with racist bigotry and content-free noise by default in the future then?

Nice.

6. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Honestly, I'm more confused as to why MS doesn't offer any sort of account merging or dual account functionality. Skype's the new Messenger. I get that, I understand they don't want to keep the old servers up, but... if someone has an existing Skype account and an existing Messenger account, there's no easy way forward.

7. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

You can merge msn into your skype account. I've done it. Want screenshots?

8. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Yep ive merged my skype and msn accounts, I can still see people who use msn no problem, it was pretty easy to do also.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Too bad I'm a linux user and don't have the update (yet). Surprisingly, there have been about 3 updates for linux since MS bought out Skype, so I'm sure they will release a fix for this. It will be nice to have MSN merged into 1 program.

Tags: Add Tags