1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress [Enermax Contest @ We-Mod-it] "HAVA" by Paladin

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Paladin | Patrick, 2 Jul 2013.

1. Paladin | Patrick

Paladin | Patrick LiveModder

[​IMG] Hi Leute, ich starte jetzt hier auch mal meinen Contest Worklog und beschreibe euch mal mit paar Worten was ich vor habe.

Das Case soll später die Grundform von einem standart Tower haben (ca. H/B/T 65/30/55cm) und zu 99% aus Alu bestehen und komplett passiv gekürt sein.
    Die Seitenwände und der Deckel fungieren dabei als Radiatoren die selbst gebaut werden (Zeichnungen folgen)
    Zudem wird der Innenraum luftdicht verschlossen. Im Innenraum des Cases soll sich die Luft durch thermic selbst umwälzen (Zeichnung folgt)
    Außerdem wird das Case so gebaut das alle Komponenten innerhalb sehr kurzer Zeit ausgetauscht werden können.
    Das Netzteil zum Beispiel bekommt ne eigene Box in der alle Anschlüsse sind. Dadurch kann man da einfach alle Kabel abstecken und das NT entnehmen ohne das die ganzen sauber verlegten kabel dabei auch mit raus müssen.

Das Case soll Mainboards bis zu ATX+ beherbergen können
    Außerdem sollen 2 Grafikkarten und 12 HDDs Platz finden und gekühlt werden. Auch dafür werden Kühler aus Alu gebaut.

Mehr kommt dann heute Nachmittag.

Ach ja, ich Brauch noch nen namen für das Case.
    Durch die einfache und praktische nutzbarkeit, und der speziellen kühlung dachte Ich dachte zuerst an "Intelligy"
    Schlägt mal fleißig was vor :)

[​IMG] Hi, I start now sometimes my worklog Contest and you describe times with few words what I have before.

The case will later form the base of a tower have to be standart (about H / W / D 65/30/55cm) and consist of 99% aluminum and geküht completely passive.
    The side walls and the cover act as the radiators themselves are built (drawings follow)
    In addition, the interior is hermetically sealed. The interior of the case, the air is (following figure) by thermic even circulate
    In addition, the case is designed so that all components can be replaced in a very short time.
    The power supply for example gets ne own box in which all connections are. As a result, since you can simply disconnect all cables and remove the NT without all the cables cleanly laid out with there also must.

The case is ATX motherboards up to + can accommodate
    In addition to 2 graphics cards and 12 HDDs can be accommodated and are cooled. Also this cooler are built from aluminum.

More then comes this afternoon.

Oh yes, I still nen custom name for the case.
    The simple and practical usability, and the special cooling I thought at first thought "Intelligy"
    Beats diligently what time ago :)

Update from 5/23/13

[​IMG] So, jetzt kommt mein erstes richtiges Update.

Eine Komplettansicht vom Case habe ich nicht, da sich ja jeder einen Aluklotz vorstellen kann [​IMG]

Hier habe ich aber mal 2 Bilder die das Lüftungskonzept etwas beschreiben.
    Zuerst habe ich hier mal grob skzziert wie ich mir das mit dem Luftstrom im innreren Vorstelle.

Der Schnitt ist von Vorne gesehen Senkrecht durch das Case.
    Also die Warme Luft steigt an der Mainboardseite nach oben. Der Obere graue Keil ist eine Schräge Aluplatte die mit Wasser gekühlt ist. Dadurch kühlt beim Hochströmen die Luft ab und sinkt nach unten hinter das Mainboard.
    Die Seitenwände an beiden Seiten sind auch mit Lamellen ausgestattet, dadurch wird auch die Luft durch das Case selbst auch abgekühlt. (siehe nächstes Bild)
    Durch den Sog die durch die Warme aufsteigende Luft entsteht zirkuliert dann die Luft im Case.

Das ist zumindest die Theorie, aber ihr könnt ja jetzt dann noch andere Vorschläge machen wie ich das System verbessern kann.

[​IMG] So now comes my first real update.

A complete view of the case I have not, because yes anyone can think of a chunk of aluminum: D

But here I have to describe the ventilation concept slightly by 2 images.
    First time I have roughly sketched as I me with the air flow in the more interior presenter.

The cut is seen from the front vertical through the case.
    So the hot air rises to the motherboard side up. The upper gray wedge is an inclined aluminum plate which is cooled with water. Thus when high currents cools the air and drops down behind the motherboard.
    The side walls on both sides are equipped with fins, characterized by the case and the air itself is also cooled. (see next picture)
    By the suction of the rising warm air arises by the then circulates the air inside the case.

At least that is the theory, but you can still do so now other suggestions how I can improve the system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Die Seitenteile bestehen aus mehreren Schichten die dann insgesammt ca. 25mm ergeben.

Von LInks nach Rechts (innen nach aussen)
    3mm Aluplatte mit Lamellen (Passive Luftkühlung des innenraums) 2x3mm Aluplatte mit eingefrästen Kanälen und Lamellen (Passive Wasserkühlung für Komponenten)
    Für das Äussere Kühlsystem hätte ich aber noch eine 2. Variante.
    1mm Alu mit Lamellen dann 3mm Alu mit Durchgefrästen Kanälen und wieder 1mm alu (Ohne Bild)

Natürlich werden sämtliche Versionen verlötet.

[​IMG] The side panels are made of several layers which then result in total about 25 mm.

From left to right (inside to outside)
    3mm aluminum plate with fins (Passive air cooling, interiors) 2x3mm aluminum plate provided with milled channels and fins (Passive water cooling components)
    But the exterior cooling system I would have a second Variant.
    1mm aluminum with fins then 3mm aluminum with milled channels and again through 1mm aluminum (no picture)

Of course all versions are soldered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Gestern habe ich dann das Modden endlich angefangen. Also erst mal das Material das ich zu anfang benötige herrichten und mit Code Fotografieren.

[​IMG] Yesterday I finally started modding. So first get ready the material that I need to start with code and photographing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ich habe mir da zuerst mal gedanken gemacht was ich mit den Komischen 2 Nasen da mache.
    Da kam ich auf die Idee das ich da Plexi rein machen könnte, und dies dann von innen indireckt beleuchten.
    Dafür mußte ich aber erst mal einen Schlitz für das Licht rein schneiden.

[​IMG] I have since first time made ​​me thought what do I do with the 2 lugs.
    Since I got the idea that I could make plexi in, and this then indirectly illuminate from within.
    But I had only once cut a slit for the light inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Danach habe ich mir ein Stück Plexi zugeschnitten und mal auf die Schnelle Poliert...

[​IMG] Then I cut me a piece of plexi and times on the fast one Polished...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...und rein gesteckt.

[​IMG] ...and plugged in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] In dem "Kanal" habe ich dann ein Flexligt befestigt...

[​IMG] In the "Channel", I then attached a Flexligt ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...und mit Strom versorgt. Schaut doch gut aus oder?

[​IMG] ...and attached to the power. Check it out good right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Anschliessend habe ich mich dann mit der Front beschäftigt.
    Zuerst hatte ich eine einfache Aluplatte hin gehalten, aber das ging ja mal garnicht. Viel zu langweilig.

[​IMG] Then I then me busy with the front.
    First, I had made a simple aluminum plate out, but that was indeed not at all times. Too boring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Da habe ich dann ein wenig in meinem Lager gekramt und ein paar Kühlkörper gefunden.

[​IMG] Since then I have dug a little on my shelves and a few heatsinks found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ich finde das schot doch ganz nett aus.
    Dazwischen habe ich mal ein paar Streifen von dem Rauchgrauen Plexi gelegt, die sollen dann auch ganz leicht blau leuchten.

[​IMG] I think it looks quite nice from.
    In between times I have put a few strips of the smoke gray acrylic glass, which are also quite easily be lit blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Danach habe ich mir gedanken zur endbehandlung gemacht. Dazu werde ich von allen Teilen die Eloxiert sind das Eloxal entfernen und dann alles mit einer Messingbürste bearbeiten.
    Als Finish hat mich der PcProbleme auf Zapon Lack gebracht, das ist ganz dünnes Zeug das angeblich nicht abplatzen soll.

[​IMG] Then I made my thoughts for finishing. I'm going to all of the parts are anodized remove the anodizing and then edit everything with a brass brush.
    As a finish brought me PcProbleme to paint with Zapon paint, which is quite thin stuff that supposedly should not flake off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Weiter ging es dann mit dem Zuschneiden der Teile.

[​IMG] Next we went to the cutting of the parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Für hinten habe ich nach langem überlegen die gleichen Teile verwendet, nur das ich da die beiden Nasen nicht brauchen kann.

[​IMG] For the rear I think after long uses the same parts, but I since the two lugs may not need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Daher habe ich die dann mit der Kreissäge abgeschnitten.

[​IMG] Therefore I have then cut with a circular saw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Wenn die Leisten danach geschliffen sind sieht man davon nichts mehr.

[​IMG] If the strips are cut then you see nothing more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Als nächstes brauchte ich natürlich einen Boden und Deckel.

[​IMG] Next, of course, I needed a base and lid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Um diese dann mit den Profilen zu verbinden habe ich un das Komische C Gewinde geschnitten.

[​IMG] In order then to join with the profiles I have un cut the comical C thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann konnte ich alles Zusammenschrauben.
    Ich habe mal eine Flasche zum Größenvergleich rein gestellt.
    [​IMG] Then I could screw everything together.
    I once found a bottle for size comparison pure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Vielen dank nochmal an madmaik und Semme für die Hotplug Wechselrahmen aus ihren Xilence Case.
    Von diesen werde ich aber nur die Platinen verwenden und damit Wassergekühlte HDD Käfige bauen.

[​IMG] Thank you again to MadMaik and Semme for hotplug mobile rack from their Xilence Case.
    Of these, but I will only use the boards and thus water-cooled build HDD cages.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann noch ne Frage an euch. Soll ich den Boden und Deckel (wird ein Sandwich aus 3mm Alu / 5mm Rauch-Plexi (Beleuchtet) / 3mm Alu) in die gleiche Form bringen wie die Profile, oder einfach die Ecken abrinden in Form der Profile.
    Eventuell hatte ich auch noch vor das Sandwich dann im ganzen ca. 30 grad abzuschrägen. Also den Boden nach unten und den Deckel nach oben.
    [​IMG] Then ne question to you. Should I use the base and lid (a sandwich of aluminum 3mm / 5mm smoke acrylic glass (Illuminated) / 3mm aluminum) into the same shape as the profiles or just the corners abrinden in the form of profiles.
    Eventually I had to chamfer degree even before the sandwich then the whole about 30 minutes. So the bottom down and the cover up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So, jetzt seid ihr dran.
    Zum Modden komm ich heute aber leider nicht mehr...

[​IMG] Now it's your turn.
    For modding unfortunately I come today but no more ...

Last edited: 13 Jul 2013
    The_Crapman likes this.
  2. Paladin | Patrick

Update from 5/25/13

[​IMG] Gestern habe ich aussen den Schrauben auch noch ein paar andere Teile gekauft.
    Was ich wo benutzen werde werdet ihr noch erfahren [​IMG]

[​IMG] Yesterday I except the screws also purchased a few other parts.
    What will I use where you will not experienced [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Heute habe ich auch die zweite Platte gebohrt indem ich sie zusammen gelegt und dann durch gebohrt habe.

[​IMG] Today I have the second plate drilled as I have put them together and then drilled through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Anschliessend habe ich mit dem Schleifen der Profile weiter gemacht.
    Links ist der erste Schliff mit dem Bandschleifer, rechts mit 120er Handschleifpapier und gebürstet.

[​IMG] Then I did the grinding of profiles further.
    The left is the first sanding with the belt sander, right with 120 grit sandpaper and brushed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] Silversurver [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Fertig

[​IMG] Finish

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Danach habe ich die Profile nochmal um paar millimeter gekürzt, da sie an den Enden von dem Schleifen etwas rund wurden

[​IMG] Then I cut the profiles again millimeters to few, because they were somewhat round at the ends of the grinding

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Die Profile der Front gingen sehr hart zu Schleifen, daher habe ich mal ein Profil gestrahlt.
    Was meint ihr was ich verwenden soll?

[​IMG] The profiles of the front were very hard to grinding, so I once sandblasted a profile.
    What do you think I should use?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update from 5/26/13

:deu: Heute ist meine Lieferung der Schubladenschienen und Push to Open Teile gekommen.
    Ich hab mal nen kleines Video gemacht.

:ENG: Today my delivery of the drawer rails and push to open parts has come.
    I once made ​​a little video.

Last edited: 2 Jul 2013
    Pranja likes this.
  3. Paladin | Patrick

Update from 5/29/13

[​IMG] Ja, macht mehr Arbeit, und ich hoffe auch das es klappt. Ist ja recht schwierig das gleichmäßig hin zu bekommen. Alternativ kann ich ja dann doch noch strahlen [​IMG]

Jetzt zum heutigen Update.

Zuerst hab ich noch ein Bild von den Schubladenschienen.

[​IMG] Yes,
    does more work, and I also hope it clicks. If this is received surely
    difficultly evenly towards. Then, nevertheless, alternatively I can
    still shine:)

Now to the current update.

First I still have a picture of the drawer rails.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ausserdem sind gestern noch die bestellten Schrauben gekommen. Da liegen mal schnell knapp 50€

[​IMG] Yesterday, besides, still the ordered(appointed) screws have come. There quickly just 50 lie €

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann habe ich ertmal die Löcher am Case angesenkt und die Schrauben getestet.

[​IMG] Then I have tested ertmal the holes in the Case angesenkt and the screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann mal komplett zusammen geschraubt.

[​IMG] Then completely screwed together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Als nächstes ging es dann mit der Front weiter. Dazu mußte ich von den Lamellen auf beiden Seiten 2 Stück weg schneiden.
    Dafür habe ich mit ein Brett auf die Kreissäge gespannt das ich eine auflage habe.

[​IMG] Then as the next it went on with the front. In addition I had to cut from the lamellas on both pages 2 piece away.
    For it I have been tight with a board(shelf) on the buzzsaw I have an edition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Die 3. Lamelle mußte ich noch einkürzen, da diese an beiden Seiten mit den Profilen abschliessen.

[​IMG] The 3rd I had to shorten blade yet, as this finish on both sides of the profiles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Beim Schneiden hat es mittendrin seltsam das Rappeln angefangen. Als Säge aus gemacht und gekuckt was da los ist.
    Mit der Zange habe ich dann 5 Minuten daran rum gezerrt bis es wieder ab war.

[​IMG] With the edge it has begun in the middle of strangely rattling. When saw from done and looked what gets rid there.
    Then with the pliers I have pulled 5 minutes at it rum to it again from was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Zwischen den Aluteilen habe ich mal profisorisch Reste von dem Grauen Plexi gemacht.

[​IMG] Between the aluminum parts I once made ​​profisorisch remains of the Grey Plexi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Von innen schaut es dann erst mal so aus. Das wird aber später noch eine Abdeckung bekommen die da dann 2cm absteht um Flexlights dahinter zu positionieren um die Streifen zu beleuchten.

[​IMG] From the inside it looks then only times like this. But that will later get a cover since then extending 2cm to Flexlights to position behind it to illuminate the strip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Das wars dann auch für heute schon wieder.
    Morgen gehts dann mit der Türtechnik los. Da gibts dann auch wieder Livemodding.

[​IMG] That's it for today again.
    Tomorrow we're going to the door technique. Since then gibts again live modding.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

This looks insane! Good work so far, keep it up :thumb:

5. Paladin | Patrick

Update from 5/30/13

Thank you :)

[​IMG] Heute ging es mit der Front weiter.
    Nach dem Zuschneiden der Teile von gestern mußten diese ert mal allen entgratet werden.

[​IMG] Today we went to the front on.
    After cutting the parts from yesterday this had ert all times be deburred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann konnte ich alle Teile nach und nach anschrauben. Dazu habe ich sie mit Schraubzwingen fixiert.

[​IMG] Then I could screw all the parts one by one. In addition I have it fixed with clamps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Mit 2 weiteren Zwingen habe ich die Teile zusammen gedrückt.

[​IMG] With 2 other clamps I pressed the parts together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Als dann alle Teile verschraubt waren habe ich die komplette Front nochmal 3 mm abgeschnitten, da durch das zusammendrücken alles ein wenig kürzer geworden ist.

[​IMG] When all the parts were screwed then I have the complete front again cut 3 mm because of the squeeze has become a little shorter everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ich hab das ding mal auf die Waage gelegt.

[​IMG] I got the thing once placed on the scale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] an der Innenseite der Front kommt noch eine Verkleidung dran hinter der dann die Beleuchtung für die Plexi streifen in der Front sind.
    Dafür habe ich dann diese Profile verwedet.

[​IMG] on the inside of the front is still a disguise behind which then strips off the lights for the plexi in the front are.
    To that I verwedet these profiles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Von diesen mußte ich aber was weg schneiden das eine Aluplatte als inlay rein passt.

[​IMG] But of this I had to cut away what fits a pure aluminum plate as inlay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So sah das Profil nach dem Schneiden aus.

[​IMG] Such was the profile after cutting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Und so mit Aluplatte

[​IMG] And so with aluminum plate

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Die Profile hab ich dann an die Frontprofile geschraubt. Bei den ersten Löchern bin ich aber genau auf einen Steg im inneren des Profils gekommen und hab dabei gleich mal einen Bohrer gekillt. [​IMG]

[​IMG] The profiles I then bolted to the front profiles. In the first holes I arrive exactly on a ridge in the interior of the profile and have it the same time killed a drill. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Danach habe ich eine Blechplatte zugeschnitten die da genau rein passt

[​IMG] Then I have a metal plate cut since exactly the fits in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Diese habe ich dann auch wieder angeschraubt.

[​IMG] This I then screwed again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier habe ich aber jetzt noch Kreuzschrauben drin, diese werden aber noch durch Inbusschrauben ersetzt.

[​IMG] Here I have but now Phillips screws in there, but they are not replaced by hexagon socket screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier mal meine Hand als anhaltspunkt wie dick die Front jetzt ist.

[​IMG] This time my hand as a clue how thick the front is now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So, das wars für heute wieder...

[​IMG] So, that's it for today again...

Now I'm going back to the shop and build on.
    You can look me via webcam over the shoulder

http://www.complex-mods.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=157&Itemid=51

Last edited: 5 Jul 2013
  6. LegendaryScott

LegendaryScott Trying to live up to the name

This does indeed look insane
    Looking forward to see your progress

7. Sn00k3r

Sn00k3r What's a Dremel?

[​IMG] Boah ey is des Geil! Wirklich coole idee mit den Kanal-Leisten und dem Plexiglas drin, das blaue Licht kommt wirklich super :) Weiter so..!:thumb:

[​IMG] Yeah Baby, thats a real nice idea with those canals and the blue illuminated plexi..! Go on Dude..! :thumb:

8. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I like this !

Bet it's going to weigh some when it's finished :D

9. Paladin | Patrick

[​IMG] Hehe, da hat einer die Fänchen für gut befunden :D

[​IMG] Hehe, since the flag has a found good

I guess as to 60kg when it's done :)

Here is the next Update from 6/3/13

[​IMG] Gestern habe ich angefangen die Technik für die Türen zu bauen.
    Dazu mußten die 8 kurzen Schienen noch kürzer werden.

[​IMG] Yesterday I started to build the technology for the doors.
    Purpose, 8 short tracks had to be even shorter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Das die Dinger nicht zerfallen, muß man an dem abgeschnittenen Ende das Blech umbiegen, da sonst der Schlitten mit den Kugel raus fährt wenn man zu weit zurück schiebt.
    Das könnte zwar hier jetzt eh nach dem einbau nicht passieren, aber wärend dem bauen.

[​IMG] That does not disintegrate the things that you have to bend over at the cut end of the sheet, otherwise the slide with the ball goes out when you push too far back.
    Although this could not happen here now anyway after the install, but moment during the build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier sieht man schon wieviel sie kürzer geworden sind.

[​IMG] Here you can already see how much they have become shorter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann wurden sie auf die Bleche die hinten und vorne am Case sind geschraubt.

[​IMG] Then, they were threaded onto the front and back sheets are at case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Anschliessend ging es mit den 50cm Vollauszügen weiter. Die brauchten kleine Winkel, das ich sie an den anderen Schienen befestigen kann.

[​IMG] Then it went with the 50cm full extension on. The small angle needed, I can attach them to the other tracks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Zum Bohren der Löcher habe ich in die Schiene ein abfall stück geschoben, das ich die anderen Teile der Schiene nicht beschädige und auch keine Späne rein fallen können.
    Das ist wichtig, da die sich in der Mechanik sonst durch das Fett das darin ist verkleben, und man die dann nur sehr schwer wieder raus bringt.

[​IMG] For drilling the holes, I pushed a piece falling into the rail, I do not vandalize the other parts of the rail and can also fall no chips inside.
    This is important because otherwise by the fat that's in it stick, and you are then very difficult to bring in the mechanics out again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Erste schiene komplett montiert, und gleich mal getestet.

[​IMG] First rail completely assembled, and tested the same times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann konnte es mit den inneren Seitendeckeln weiter gehen. Erst mal zuschneiden...

[​IMG] Then it could go with the inner side covers on. First of cut ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...und den äusseren Teil der Schienen drauf schrauben. Diese sind zum Glück durch einen kleinen Schnapper zum aushängen.

[​IMG] and ... the outer part of the rails screw it. These are fortunately through a small gate to unmount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ich habe festgestellt das bei normalen Schrauben die köpfe etwas zu hoch sind, daher hab ich die etwas abgeflacht.

[​IMG] I have found that in normal screws, the heads are a little high, so I'm a bit flattened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Fertig...

[​IMG] Finished ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Als nächste habe ich den ersten Push to Open Dämpfer angebracht. Dieser wurde einfach an den Boden und die Schiene geschraubt. Wie genau, das sieht man im Video.

[​IMG] Next, I have the first push-to-open shock absorber attached. This was simply bolted to the floor and the rail. How exactly, that you can see in the video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier habe ich jetzt noch ein Video davon gemacht.

[​IMG] Here I have now made ​​a video of it.

10. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Watching

11. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

haha that's clever !

12. Paladin | Patrick

Update from 6/06/13

[​IMG] Heute war ich mal kurz bei Sapphire und hab da ein paar schöne Sachen geholt. Vielen dank nochmal für die Tollen sachen.
    Morgen werd ich mal ein paar Bilder von der Graka, Mainboard machen. Ausserdem hab ich auch gleich ne CPU mit bekommen [​IMG]
    Das Beste ist aber die Mütze, die muß aber jetzt noch erst mal ein paar Monate in den Schrank [​IMG]

[​IMG] Today I was once briefly at Sapphire and got some nice stuff. Thanks again for the great stuff.
    Tomorrow, I will make a few pictures of the Graka, motherboard. Also I got also the same ne with CPU but the best is the CAP, but now again only a few months in the Cabinet must be [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So, jetzt hab ich hier mal ein paar Fotos von der Hardware gemacht.

[​IMG] So now I'm here a few photos of the hardware.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Mainboard mit CPU

[​IMG] Motherboard with CPU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 6 der SATA kabel sind Standartmässig dabei, dann habe ich mir mal nochmal 6 geben lassen, da die perfekt von der Farbe her passen. Jetzt hoffe ich nur noch das sie auch lange genug sind.

[​IMG] 6 SATA cables are standard Moderately here, then let me once again I give 6 as the perfect fit of the color of her. Now I just hope they are long enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Zum zubehör gehört auch noch eine USB 3.0 Blende die man in einen 3,5" Schacht oder alternativ in eine Slotblende schrauben kann.

[​IMG] For accessories also includes a USB 3.0 or Aperture you into a 3.5 "bay or alternatively can screw into a slot bracket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Die Grafikkarte ist ein feines Teil. Ursprünglich sollten 2 Stk ins System da ich 3 Monitore anschliessen will. Da das aber ein Flex version ist, kann man an die bis zu 5 Monitore anschliessen [​IMG]
    Perfekt, da ich dann ein wärmeproduzierendes Teil weniger habe.

[​IMG] The graphics card is a fine part. Originally, 2 pcs into the system because I want to connect 3 monitors. Since Flex is but one version, you can connect up to 5 of the monitors [​IMG]
    Perfect since then I have less of a heat producing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But here I've been here the pictures from power supply

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Was mir gut gefällt sind die Kabel, da ich sowieso alles in der Flachbandoptik machen wollte.

[​IMG] What I really like is the cable because I wanted to do everything in the flat look anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Vielen dank hier nochmal an Enermax für die tolle Unterstützung des Contests.

[​IMG] Here again many thanks to Enermax for their great support of the contest.

13. Paladin | Patrick

Upadate from 6/23/13

[​IMG] Heute ging es auch mal wieder ein wenig weiter.
    Unter der Woche habe ich in der Arbeit dieses 6mm Flachalu bekommen, das ist ideal als Unterlage für die Push-to-open teile, da mir da das Plexi darunter nicht gefallen hat.

[​IMG] Today was also once again a little further.
    During the week I got to work this 6mm aluminum, which is ideal as a base parts for the push-to-open, because I as the Plexi has not fallen below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Also erst mal 4 Stücke ablängen...

[​IMG] So first 4 pieces cut to length ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...und Löcher bohren.

[​IMG] ...and drill holes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann mit dem Winkel ausrichten, das erste Loch bohren und Gewinde rein schneiden...

[​IMG] Then align with the angle, drill the first hole and cut thread purely

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...und daran fest schrauben. Dann das 2. Loch bohren und mit einem Bohrer oder was auch immer (in meinem fall eine Feile) fixieren. Dann kann man die restlichen Löcher bohren und weis das dann alle Löcher genau passen.

[​IMG] ...and screw it tight. Then the second Drill hole with a drill or whatever (in my case a file) fix. Then you can drill the remaining holes and then setting all the holes match exactly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So sieht es dann fertig zum anschrauben aus.

[​IMG] So it looks ready to screw out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Da meine Schrauben aber etwas zu hoch sind habe ich diese etwas abgeflext.

[​IMG] But since my screws are a little too high I have this slightly abraded

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So passt das dann schon besser. [​IMG]

[​IMG] So then that fits better. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Beide Trägerplatten sind hier schon angeschraubt.

[​IMG] Both carrier plates are already screwed here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Weiter ging es dann mit der 2. Seite nachdem ich dann wusste das es funktioniert.
    Die genauen arbeitsschritte hab ich hier jetzt nicht abgelichtet, das kennt ihr ja schon. [​IMG] (wenn nicht dann mal den Worklog von vorne anschauen [​IMG] )

[​IMG] Next, we went with the 2nd Page after I knew then that it works.
    The exact steps I work here now, not photographed, as you know already. [​IMG] (If not then the worklog times from the front view;))

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So, jetzt sind beide Türen dran.

[​IMG] So now is your turn both doors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier nochmal von innen.

[​IMG] Here again from the inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier habe ich noch ein Video von dem ganze Spaß...ist heute etwas Chaotisch geworden da mir die Hände ausgegangen sind [​IMG]

[​IMG] Here I have a video of all the fun ... has become somewhat chaotic because my hands are considered: D

[​IMG] Dann habe ich auch mal die Platinen von den Hot-Plug Wechselrahmen ausgebaut.

[​IMG] I've also expanded the board from the hot-plug hard drive caddy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Eigentlich wollte ich heute ja auch noch das MB Tray machen, aber da hab ich dann bemerkt das ich kein Alu mehr habe. War fest der meinung das da noch was da wäre [​IMG]

Morgen schau ich dann mal das ich da nachschub bekomme. Dann kanns ja eine Geburtstag-LiveModding-Spezial-Sendung (GLMSS) geben [​IMG]

[​IMG] Actually I wanted today also still make the MB tray, but since then I've noticed that I have no more aluminum. Was firmly of the opinion that there would be something there: fie:

Tomorrow I will look replenishment times I get there. Then yes kanns a birthday special broadcast live modding [​IMG]

14. Paladin | Patrick

Update from 7/2/13

[​IMG] So, jetzt habe ich hier doch mal die Bilder für euch, auch wenn es noch nicht ganz fertig ist.

Dieses mal habe ich mich um das Mainboard Tray gekümmert.
    Zuerst habe ich die Aluplatte ausgeschnitten, davon hab ich aber kein Bild, das könnt ihr euch ja vorstellen [​IMG]

Als nächstes mußte ich die Platte um gut 2/3 einfräsen das es sich biegen lässt. Wäre bei 3mm keine einfache aufgabe das mit der Hand zu machen [​IMG]

Also schiene Aufspannen...

[​IMG] So now I'm here but look at the pictures, even if it's not quite ready for you.

This time I took care of the motherboard tray.
    First I cut the aluminum plate, but I have no picture of it, can you imagine that yes [​IMG]

Next, I had the plate by a good 2/3 of the milling, it can be bent. Would be no easy task at 3mm to make by hand: D

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...fräser einstellen...

[​IMG] ...Setting the milling cutter...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...und ab durch die Mitte [​IMG]

[​IMG] ...and down through the middle [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Danach habe ich die Platte mit der Fuge nach oben auf den Tisch gespannt und mich dann kräftig rein gespreizt. Ging trotz des einfräsens trotzdem noch sehr schwer.

[​IMG] Then I clamped the plate with the seam up on the table and then spread vigorously me pure. Was despite the milling still very hard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So schaut das dann fertig aus. Das hällt jetzt rein durch Passform.

[​IMG] So from the looks then finished. This keeps purely by now fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Jetzt bin ich schon 2 Tage am überlegen wie ich das Tray befestige so das es auch gut ausschaut. Winkel fallen auf jeden Fall schon mal weg, das ist richtig Hässlich.
    Habt ihr vorschläge wie man das am besten lösen könnte?

[​IMG] Now I'm already 2 days on the superior as I attach the tray so that it looks good. Angles are definitely already gone, that's right ugly.
    Do you have suggestions for how to best solve this?

15. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

Awesome idea with the side panels!

Keep the good work mate.

16. Paladin | Patrick

[​IMG] Ich hab wieder mit dem Tray weiter gemacht. ABer da ich mir noch sicher bin wie die Befestigung ablaufen soll habe ich mit was anderem weiter gemacht.
    Daher habe ich mich an die IO Blende gemacht. Dafür habe ich erst mal ein altes Case geschlachtet...

[​IMG] I again continued with the tray. But since I'm still not sure how to run the attachment I have with what others made ​​on.
    So I got down to the IO panel. But I have only once slaughtered an old case...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...und die beiden Teile erbeutet.

[​IMG] ...and the two parts looted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Den Rahmen der IO Blende habe ich aus 6mm Flachalu gemacht. Diese habe ich mit 3mm Schrauben verschraubt.
    Dabei ist absolute Pärzision angesagt. Falls ein Loch um paar zentel mm abweicht klappt das nicht. Hab das selbst ausprobiert [​IMG]

[​IMG] The framework of the IO panel I made from 6mm aluminum. This I have screwed with 3mm screws.
    This absolute precision is called for. If a few tenths mm hole to deviate does not work that. 've Even tried the

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier ist sind alle Teile fertig verschraubt.

[​IMG] Here are all the parts bolted finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann habe ich es an das Tray geschraubt.

[​IMG] Then I screwed it to the tray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Man sieht es ist sehr stabil.

[​IMG] You see it is very stable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Da muß jetzt von der Rückwand noch das Loch ausgeschnitten werden.

[​IMG] Since the back wall of the hole now have to be cut out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Als nächstes kommt auf den Rahmen ein 1,5 oder 2mm Alublech mit den ausschnitten.

Ich hab mir auch überlegt das ich das Tray an dem Rahmen anschrauben könnte. Mal schauen was sich dann noch auf der anderen Seite ergibt.

[​IMG] Next comes to the frame, a 1.5 or 2mm aluminum sheet with cut

I've also considered that I could screw the tray to the frame. Let's see what is still on the other side.

So now you are up to date

Now we continue with the live show in the stream
    (in 10 minutes)

http://www.complex-mods.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=157&Itemid=51

17. Paladin | Patrick

Now comes the first update that's currently :)

[​IMG] Heute ging es mit der IO Blende weiter.
    Das MB Tray habe ich jetzt auf der hinteren Seite über den Rahmen der IO Blende angeschraubt.

[​IMG] Today we went to the IO panel.
    The MB tray I have now screwed to the rear of the scope of the IO panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Weiter ginge es mit dem Ausschnitt in der Rückwand.
    Zuerst mußte ich sie wieder ausbauen und die Schubladenschienen mit Krepp abkleben das keine Aluspäne rein kommen.
    Zuerst habe ich mit dem Stufenbohrer ein Loch gebohrt das ich mit der Stichsäge ansetzen kann.

[​IMG] Next it were with the cutout in the rear panel.
    First I had to back it and the drawer rails with masking taping the aluminum shavings are not pure.
    First, I used the step drill to bore a hole that I can fix with the jigsaw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Nach dem Ausschneiden mußte alles gefeilt werden. Dafür habe ich mir ein Rohr auf den Tisch gespannt um daran dann das Blech festzuspannen.

[​IMG] After cutting everything had to be filed. For this, I have a pipe clamped to the table and then tightened, because the sheet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So kann man dann besser Feilen als wenn man es einfach auf den Tisch legt.

[​IMG] So you can then better files than if you just place it on the table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Nach dem Ausschneiden und Feilen habe ich dann noch ein paar Löcher mehr gebohrt um den Rahmen an der Rückwand fest zu schrauben.

[​IMG] After cutting and filing, I still have a few more holes drilled around the frame on the back wall to screw securely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Weiter ging es dann mit dem eigentlichen IO Blech. Das habe ich aus einem Deckel von einem Aussenrollo geschnitten.
    Das Blech ist 1,5mm dick und hat an einer Seite so eine Nase die auch dran bleibt um das Blech zu stabilisieren.

[​IMG] Next we went to the actual IO plate. I've cut a cover of an outer shade.
    The plate is 1.5 mm thick and has a projection at one side so that also is tuned in order to stabilize the sheet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Nach dem Ablängen habe ich es auch noch auf die Breite geschnitten.

[​IMG] After cutting I've also cut to the width.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann habe ich auch zum ersten mal meine kleine Fräse eingesetzt um die Nase etwas abzufräsen das diese dann zwischen den Rahmen passt.

[​IMG] Then I also for the first time my little mill used to mill around the nose something then it will fit between the frames.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hier sind auch schon die Löcher zum Anschrauben gebohrt und die ganzen Öffnungen angezeichnet. Dafür habe ich nur die IO Blende von dem Stahlcase drauf gelegt und nachgezeichnet.

[​IMG] Here the holes are already drilled for screw and mark all the holes. But I have only the IO panel established by the steel case on it and traced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Da habe ich es mal probehalber angeschraubt. Ich denke das ich da aber auch noch Senkkopfschrauben verwenden werde.

[​IMG] Since I have it once screwed trial basis. I think I'll be there but also use countersunk screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Und auch mal an das Tray geschraubt.

[​IMG] And sometimes bolted to the tray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Dann kam die Fräse auch gleich wieder zum Einsatz.
    Die wäre zwar auch mit der Stichsäge und Feile gegangen, aber ich wollte ja endlich mal was mit der Fräse machen [​IMG]

[​IMG] Then the cutter came right back to use.
    Although that would have gone well with a jigsaw and a file, but I wanted to finally do something with the router: D

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So weit bin ich dann heute gekommen. Mal schauen wann ich unter der Woche wieder dazu komme.

[​IMG] As far as I am then come today. We'll see when I get to it again during the week.

[​IMG]

18. tekonivel

tekonivel Minimodder

Truely an epic build.

19. PeteA

PeteA What's a Dremel?

Those sound panels are genius!! :rock:

**Subbed**

20. LegendaryScott

LegendaryScott Trying to live up to the name

Awesome man, cant wait to see this unfold