1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marketplace access for loyal readers?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by FaeLLe, 5 Mar 2014.

1. FaeLLe

FaeLLe What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

Back to this forum after ages since I left UK a few years ago.
    Just noticed that I am unable to view the Marketplace forum unless I have 75 posts or more.

Being a long time viewer of this forum since 2004 I believe some consideration to this should be offered on this restriction to long time registrants of this site.

Would have been good to use this forum to connect with buyers as I have done in the past.

Looking forward to a response from the mod team if possible.

Teelzebub and SMIFFYDUDE like this.
  2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

75 posts really isn't much, get involved in one of the discussions and you'll soon reach it :)

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

5 post in 10 years that's loyalty? :eyebrow: at that rate it's going to be another 140 years keep going at least you don't have to wait a month lol

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

:hehe: I shop at PC World once every two years. Where's my loyalty rewards? :p

alfizzle likes this.
  5. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

waiting in hell :D

6. Nexxo

Ah, Teel's got it. OK, thanks. :D

7. Teelzebub

Yep it's waiting at the reception for you [​IMG]

8. megamale

megamale Minimodder

Just joining the rant to add one post to my tally...

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Generally not a good idea to let the people who set your forum permissions know that explicitly ;)

edit: To add some substance, there's a reason why there are minimum standards for membership of the FS forums. A person who is personally invested in the forums will not rip a fellow member of their community off for £30. If we let anyone in then there is no such guarantee, and while yes a person may have signed up years ago, that does not necessarily mean they are invested.

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I have been a member of several forums for over a decade, despite having maybe a dozen posts between them. Does that make me a part of their community? Does it buggery!

To FaeLLe and megamale (and any other new members or lurkers who might be reading), it's possible to get to 75 posts in well under a week without spamming. Say hi in the welcome thread, help out in a few tech support threads, comment on some articles, take a look at the mods that are going on at the minute, have a serious post on the Ukraine conflict or the concept of marriage, shoot the breeze in general.

I strongly advise you resist the urge to spam blatantly. Even if a mod doesn't spot it one of us will report it to them. There was a member on here a while back, Fat Tony, who for a fair while had his post count artificially held at 50 for clearly abusing the system. He took it in stride and admitted his mistakes, and is now a happy occasional user of the marketplace.

Get involved. It's a community, not a free ads site. :)

11. Nexxo

Dress light, right?

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Heck, get involved in a spirited debate when I'm in one of my moods and you can probably hit 75 posts in a single thread... (Non, je ne regrette rien.)

13. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Ignore

14. Shirty

True, dat.

I noticed Rick giving a spirited rebuttal in the comments thread of his Thief review yesterday, it's always nice to see authors fighting back (with claws).

15. Nexxo

Always do. :p

16. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

75 post's in my opinion is too low anyway. I think it should be done when you have reached a higher post count and rep score. But seriously, to just want access to market place brings nothing to the forums and community.

The market place is a luxury and not a right.

17. RTT

RTT #parp

I personally think that access to the FS forums should be gained by posting pictures of yourself wearing 75 different hats at various touristy locations whilst eating cheesecake

18. Shirty

Along with a 2,500 word essay (citing sources) justifying why you think you deserve to be allowed to trade on here.

I'll gladly chair the panel that vets these applications, and the final result for each applicant will be put to a vote.

19. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

This I am a fan of.

Or just posting your face all over the forum as much as you can. That's how shirty got into the marketplace.

Just to echo above; I think loyalty is measured here by your input, which is layman's terms is your post count.

20. Teelzebub

Yea but a red dress is fine ;)