1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony not cutting PS3 price in Europe

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 13 Jul 2007.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

As I said in the 60GB cut thread, they don't understand us do they?

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I shall be having two brand new unused PS3 games and an unused 6-axis for sale soon. Anyone want one?

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

looks like I'll not be playing Gran Turismo when it comes out then... unless I get one in either Taiwan or the States

5. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

Looks like I am going to continue boycotting Sony products for their UK pricing strategies

6. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

You know, Just for a little while I toyed with the idea of getting one. After this "enhancement" to the UK offering forget it. Not only are we screwed over how much we pay, We get screwed on the specs too. At every turn Sony has made PR blunders.
    They need their nose to be financially bloodied to get the message i think. ( and It's looking likely)
    They seem to only give a darn about the US market. Europe and the UK are some poor cousin.
    I'll stick to the Wii60 combo

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Lots of things are cheaper in the US, do you not buy a car because they are 50% cheaper over there, do you not buy and LCD/Plasma because they are also cheaper, **** even computer hardware is cheaper that doesn't seem to stop guys on here but hey if its got a Sony label on it, you won't buy it, why is that then? Some very odd people on here obviously missing out on a lot of kit because is cheaper in the US, fools.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Because, time after time, Sony disregards its European market, focussing completely on Japan and the US. Don't forget that the exchange rate across the world means the PS3 is incredibly expensive over here now, even with the added VAT. At £425 that means the console is the equivalent of over $850 in the US, and even without VAT that's still about $723, which is $124 more expensive than the 80GB version will be in the US.

As for Sony bending us over, remember the fiasco about the PS2 emulation hardware that we didn't get, but the rest of the world didn't? Remember how long we had to wait after the US and Japan when it was released? How about missing out on the 20GB and 80GB version?

I'm betting on a big price-cut over here before Christmas - they're just not selling over here, and at £425 I would still bet on tiny sales at Xmas considering a plentiful supply of Wii's and X360's...

9. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

Its not about it being cheaper, Its about it getting EVEN cheaper.... The US gets a price cut AND and improved spec console. the UK and EU get what? a soon to be infernior model controller and NO HDD upgrade. You can't see the one sidedness of this?

10. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Hang on, its a bit cheeky to say sony are not cutting prices, the cheapest i have found for a ps3 with two games and a second contoller is about £480 to £490 if this is now at £425 thats a £55 cut or a bigger discount than the US was given earlier. Of course your stuck with the games they offer.

11. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

Its because there are enough suckers like you around that Sony can get away with these tricks.

12. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I was going to buy for this reason too, I guess i'll bare without though :)

13. sandys

sandys Multimodder

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Ergh I give up on Sony, I love my PS2 but day by day I get closer to getting a Xbox 360

15. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Well I have not seen and PS3 in the UK for £425, so places that are sellling it at £350 will start selling this package at £350 with the 2 games and 2 pads.

Remember £425 is the RRP and not what good retailers sell for.

Another thing, we were 3 months behind in the release of the PS3 so I would expect a price cut in 3 months or so.

16. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

It does not help you get your point over when you finish your post by calling others fools

17. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

A 360 thats going to conc out with lights of death and/or eating discs (and weeks of wait to send it to microsoft for them to fix?), or an overpriced underspeced ps3.....its quite a choice tbh lol

might get a wii instead :p

18. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

So the rough translation of this is that america get a price cut to clear all 60gb PS3s already in the country. All other old PS3s remaining in circulation after the upgrade will be shipped over to us second rate customers in europe and sold on at full price. Thanks sony Its nice to be made feel like a second rate customer over and over again. This just re-iterates the total lack of respect sony has for europe not only are we paying through the ears for their hardware we are now a dumping ground for all the old stock too. Im even more mad because I desperately want one, the E3 lineup looks superb for it.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2007
  19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I would like a PS3 and could afford one, but its a rip-off. I got my PS2 3-4 months after it came out and as far as I can remember it was about £300 with GT3 bundled in.

20. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I find this disgusting.

Tags: Add Tags