1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Some help with CAD TR on development of games

Discussion in 'Software' started by metalglasses, 28 Nov 2012.

1. metalglasses

metalglasses What's a Dremel?

(l would like to make a note that I am not looking for someone to do my homework for me, all I am simply trying accomplish here is to find more resources of material for a paper. If any of you can point to a good direction, that would be much appreciated.)

I am writing up a technical report on how the use of CAD programs had changed the way that developers make games. It turned out to be more of a history paper, since I am talking about the difference and the evolution of game development. Luckily it is only 10% of my grade but I would like to make an effort, plus it is due next week. So far, I have this much.

- I have notes on how games where constructed back in the 8-16 bit days. I would like to know more about them, maybe what kind of code to mention, just a little more detail.
    - I know a few things about ID-Tech 1 (doom engine) and the build engine (Duke Nukem 3D) mainly ideas on how they worked, limitations of those graphics engines. I am aware of driller space in 87'.
    -The modern stuff, seems to be difficult to me, I really don't want to make it a ad or a extensive broushure. Most of the companies don't really say how they do this, they'll say they used maya, mudbox, 3ds max, and maybe a list of "middleware". I can talk about what does what by what company (based on pdf's from autodesk, I know, it is limited).