1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Android's international growth visualised

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. coolius

coolius What's a Dremel?

Great news, any chance of a link?

3. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Android is the way to go. Hate Apple, Nokia's OS is just useless, and dnt wanna bother with Microsoft

4. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Why not?

5. kempez

kempez modding again!

I've never understood anybody 'hating' any tech firm

Cool video and interesting too. When it comes to my refresh, I'll be looking at all the handsets on the market, for sure :)

6. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

Nice vid.

I was tempted by the T-Mobile Pulse Mini last month as it was only £50, good tech impulse buy price point that. I managed to resist though as my WM6.5 device is still going strong.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I can only recommend Android. Been using it on my Galaxy Spica/Lite for over a year now & while it's not perfect (then again I'm on 2.1 still thanks to Samsung & just can't find the time to root my phone or it's just not important enough ;) ) it is a great piece of software! I owned an iPod Touch so I've gotten my share of iOS as well.
    I really like them both but the fact that Android is far more open than iOS will possibly ever be is what makes me want to buy the Galaxy S2 or the LG Optimus 2X next.
    Windows Phone 7 is a step in the right direction for MS but it somehow doesn't appeal to me. WebOS & Meego are good as well but the actual handsets are not interesting to me.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Interesting visualization, but a little hollow. Hooray for having a little graph on the bottom which has no units of measure, thus making it completely useless for anything but looking pretty.

I don't have any smartphone preference, just hate having the wool pulled over my eyes.

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Curious to know what a similar iOS visualization would look like

10. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Found the video a bit boring...

11. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I'm very happy with my Android phone.
    The only downside is that it's already been upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, so I doubt Vodafone will offer another upgrade to 2.3.
    Having played around with a friends iPhone 4, I'm very glad that I picked Android. It just suits my tastes better. Though whether that's Android itself, or HTC's Sense skin is another matter.

12. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

I have the original Droid, and plan on upgrading to the Droid Bionic!

13. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Nokia's OS is now Win Phone 7 :p though I know what you mean. Meego sounded interesting but it's almost completely gone now - I wonder if Intel basically pushed Nokia out of it by saying they only wanted x86. Symbian has been the proverbial dead horse for a long time now. Android really should be the way to go, but they need some structure to it where handset makers don't have so much control over update revisions by having their own UI on top. WP7 could be good, but this is Microsoft, who I'd argue have a habit of turning good ideas into trash.

Tags: Add Tags