1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2205

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 15 Jun 2015.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Oh yes.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

What a time to be alive. So many good games.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Never has this caption been more appropriate :

[​IMG]

November can't come quick enough, :D, let's just hope Ubi don't screw it up.

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

#SOHYPE.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Don't trust ubi not to screw up a game release at the min they have way to many of the IPs I like at the min.

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Think I might be getting another collectors edition....though the art book does look smaller in size

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh given how the standard edition on steam is a retarded £50, the physical collectors at £60 from ubi themselves is far FAR better value.

still, im liking the size increase of the whole thing even if it does lose some of the familiar Anno feel.

[​IMG]

10. GeorgeStorm

Part of me thinks that looks so cool, other part is worried it's heading towards dangerously generic city builder.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

guess we'll have to wait and see. the beta comes out iirc next month, i'll put money down based on what i hear about it

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

When coming back to Anno from a break, I always feel the amount of zoom out to be lacking.

£60! I got the limited collectors edition of 2070 from ubi store for £19.99! :D, it better be damn good for £60.

Wonder if it's just going to be Anno 2070 start (but slightly bigger), and then the highest tech levels let you go into space for certain bits (one planet/moon), or if you're completely unrestrained and it's basically Anno but in space (so you can colonise the galaxy)?

Ah right, so after doing a bit of reading, you just colonise the moon.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2015
  13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I remember picking up 2070 CE for £20 on preorder :p edit: haha Cerberus!

£60 doesn't seem that bad value though considering game + season pass + other stuff. In my case I'm after the artbook, I really liked the 2070 one

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Really liked 2070 but I don't know if I trust ubishaft and that abomination ucan'tplay not to make the launch a misery.

What a shame bluebyte could not have partnered with gog or some other entity.

That said though, this does look good though and I guess time will tell if they can deliver! Sure we can also rely on gunsmith to give and excited yet balanced view!? :D

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Oh Uplay is definitely crap and will most likely break on launch. I know if I install Anno 2070 from the disk all hell breaks lose because the Uplay version is wrong or something and not up-to-date so I can't play it, but then downloading the update tells me the installed version is newer so doesn't install. Had to hunt down some random UPlay installer to get it to work.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

17. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

After falling out with uplay i have not been back to Anno 2070- not touched the expansion either but the new game does look good- shame it has to be uplay.

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Ditto - I own the expansion but didn't play it because of uplay, which is a real shame as I hear deep ocean was a good addition.

Good find. A few thoughts,
    Screenshot number 3 in the article... wow!

"But maybe it wasn’t just the satellite town effect that allowed me to progress so fast. Riegert says that the basic Anno formula has been “streamlined” in 2205 due to the multiple session feature. “With the previous game we hit the borders of complexity in a singular session,” he says. “Several sessions in parallel […] will get really complex when you move on, but we reduced the complexity inside a single session so that when beginners start with their first session it’s more comfortable and easier for them to control it and to get used to the basic Anno gameplay
    "

Hmmmn - don't know if I like the sound of that. Pretty graphics are nice but if they come at the expense of the excellent supply & demand + logitics/trade system of 2077, that would be a shame.

"Summing up my impressions of Anno 2205 is tricky. The version I played is obviously unfinished – it’s a shallow but beautiful sandbox with little direction or challenge and a conflicted and incomplete vision of the future. Dropping in a compelling storyline will help, but I wonder whether the multi-session feature will actually reduce replayability – with the trade routes feature removing much of the challenge in building up a new settlement, and if the “streamlining” of the basic mechanics will go down well with long-term fans of the series."

Shallow but beautiful, lets hope that's down to his lack of time with the game, rather than it actually being shallow.

19. GeorgeStorm

That article actually worries me more than excites me.

Changing to need workers for the production buildings isn't necessarily bad, but it's certainly broken from the Anno mould, and the idea of simplifying each 'session' due to having muiltiple sessions, not sure if I like it, makes it sound like basically building a single city in each session, whereas having to work out each island and getting the trade routes between them all was part of what made Anno different from other city building games.

Still optimistic though.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

TAKE MY WALLET, JUST ****ING TAKE IT ALL!