1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Radeon 9600XT Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by (Ck)Vegeta, 18 Apr 2004.

1. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

How would you all rate the card listed below

Radeon 9600XT 128MB Video Card, 8x AGP, 128MB DDR

I havent heard much about it. But my Question is will it run 100 FPS & will it run Half life 2 when its released.

The reason im asking this is cause i seen that you can get half life 2 if you buy this card. Just need a Good Video card that will run all the new games that are being released

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

No it will not run Half Life 2 at 100 FPS when it comes out. The 9600 XT is the mid-range card released at the same time as the 9800 XT. I doubt either of these video cards will get 100 FPS in Half Life 2; If you have a budget below $500, you arent going to run that game at that speed until the next generation of video cards goes down in price.

3. (Ck)Vegeta

Right ive talked to alot of people and they said exactly the same thing almost word for word. i been out of Rotation for awhile thats why i was asking before i spent so much on the thing. Im thinking about going with a Radeon 9800 pro. It beats the card i got with my new Pc. wich is the geforce fx 5600 xt ultra. I had a 9700 pro but it decided to hit the p00per. Id like to get another one it was a nice Card in my eyes. but i cant find any for a reasonable Price.

Im gonna go with the radeon 9800 pro. I understand that no card yet can push 100 FPS in half life 2 or doom 3 or even Farcry i no that much. im just trying to find a card that will at least run those games pretty well without having to fuss with lagging & skipping & such things

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

and the 9800 pro will run those fine :thumb:

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

No worries with the 9800 Pro; its certainly a powerful enough video card. Now that it is also being sold for $250.00, Its also not going to be a very difficult purchase. Still, with one month away until the newest video cards hit the shelves, save your money and THEN get the 9800 Pro or even the XT; their prices should drop dramatically. Also, you can just spend $50 more than the current price for 9800 Pros and get a NON Ultra 6800. I highly reccomend that you wait one more month; there is a reason that EVERYONE has been saying to wait on the new technology, since its about to come out. I highly reccomend that you stick with this plan. After all, there are bragging rights to be had against those people who just got 9800 XTs two months ago for $400 dollars which are now going to be whipped by something that just came out for $300 (6800 NON-Ultra) :thumb:

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

I hate to say this, but I'd wait now. (I'm not one to play the waiting game normally ;))

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Yeah, infact, i think i'm gonna wait, and get me a new mobo instead..

8. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

I hate to say this, but I agree with you bigZ :)

Once the next generation of cards (geforce 6800 and ati X800) come out and have been out for a while, the price of 9800PROs will and should drop SIGNIFICANTLY, my guess: around 130USD or so by the end of this summer..
    (BTW - Roto, 9800PRO's are already at roughly 200USD)
    Personally, I cannot afford the 399USD price tag for the new 6800, but I have a friend that works at a hardware distro company, and he is going to get one and hook me up with his 9800XT :)

Anyways, Yes... the 9600XT will 'support' 100FPS, but I wouldn't bet that it runs every game at high settings at 100FPS. (BTW - Most you can see is around 60-70FPS... tv itself is broadcasted at 30fps.) It will run half life 2, but I doubt you'll be able to do more than mid to low settings at 800/600 or 1024x768.

9. (Ck)Vegeta

Yeah im just going to go with the Radeon 9800 Pro... Im not the waiting Person and I need a Card now since this one is only pullling 30 fps on Counter-Strike & i cant even play all my other games.

Its a Gainward geforce 5600 xt ultra 128 mb. 8x agp. Ive tryed it in so many other pc's and for some reason we cant get it to go over 30 FPS.. Ill take the chance and spend 200 on the radeon 9800 pro then once the price drops ill take the receipt and get the extra money back. :)

I cant afford the Price Tags on most of these video cards that are out right now like the radeon 9800 xt 500 dollar price tag too much for me plus i really dont want to spend that much. 200 is sufficient to the point were i wont stress it. 500 will definatly make me think :)

10. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

my 9600XT will run Q3 & HL engine based games at 100-150fps... the newer generation of games I don't play so I don't give a ****...

Wolf ET averages around 110fps

Black & White averages around 100fps

HL averages around 120fps

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

thats not true, TV is broadcasted at ~30fps because thats the lowest that still seems smooth to the human eye
    you can see alot more than 60-70fps, i can tell the difference between 75hz refresh and 85hz therefore i must be able to see at least as fast as 85hz

Tags: