1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Photo Host question

Discussion in 'Software' started by ModMinded, 10 Jan 2009.

1. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Sorry if this is the wrong section for it, but I have a dilemma with my photo host. I'm using the photobucket free account, and with 650pics and 1 project log, I've exceeded my 25GB bandwidth limit, causing all the pics in the log to get screwed. I never thought I would get to 25GBs/mo! (Thanks readers!)

I'm thinking in the long run it would be worth it to upgrade to the pro account ($40/yr) with unlimited bandwidth, since that would mean I wouldn't have to re-upload every pic to the new site, and re-edit every post with the proper links, etc. I don't want to spend the money, but sometimes free costs more, if you know what I mean...

I checked out bit-tech hosting for the pics, but it's too awkward/slow to upload more than 4 pics at a time.

I know this is a relatively common problem, and there are numerous free providers, but I can't find anything that allows that much bandwidth for free... and is relatively easy to upload and maintain.

Anyone have suggestions (aside from getting my own website/hosting service), or do you think I should just bite the bullet and get the pro acct? I am planning on having more logs in the future, with more pics, so it seems that Pro is the way to go.

Thanks!

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've got a Photobucket Pro account, never had any problems with it. Got it for the same reason really a few years back, since it's definitely a huge pain to re-link all of the old pics.

3. ModMinded

thanks firehed, I'm definitely leaning that way now.

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I had to upgrade to Pro when H2O-C7 began to get real attention too.
    No problems with Pro and it's stable at whatever reader count I get.

john

5. ModMinded

yeah, I'm just a penny-pinching beastard... it seems that that's what I'll be doing in the next couple hours... got some new stuff I want to add to the log, and need to show some pics! :D

Tags: