1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Steam Tech support

Discussion in 'Software' started by Volund, 16 Jan 2009.

1. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Is it just me or is their support ridiculously slow? I sent my first support message (ever, in the 2.5 years I've used their service) at the beginning of january, I get a crap response telling me to try some options (that I had already tried) last week, and I promptly told them that I had already tried that and asked for a refund, I still have not gotten a response.

So, Has anyone had experience with them having long wait times, and have you ever gotten a refund from them?

Thanks

2. Infection

Infection Gaming Fanatic

Most of the time there response times are good but lately it seems that they are getting slower, Maybe VALVe had to fire a few people like most other companies :p. The Tech Support from steam is great most of the time.

3. Volund

well, they responded.... but then just gave me something else to do instead of giving me a refund.... maybe the next time...

4. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Hmm, I've only used their tech support once and it was fine. Posted my ticket, about a failed CD-Key and got a response the next day with a new CD-Key attached that worked fine. Can't complain, entire issue was resolved within 24 hours.

5. Infection

Infection Gaming Fanatic

I've never actually tried to get a "refund" for anything on steam, I imagine that it's not that common and that is what is causing the delay / unusual responses, ask if theres a number you can call, I imagine you'll get support faster that way.

The only thing that comes to mind with wait times & VALVe is when my account was stolen away from me and they had to verify everything I had sent them.

I hope everything works out for you.

6. Volund

yeah, I think I may try calling, Thanks.

Lock?

7. Infection

Infection Gaming Fanatic

Based on some Research I just did I can't find any sort of Steam Phone Number, seems like they only offer online support, they may have a Sales Phone Number though, you could also try Emailing Gabe Newell and complaining, he does respond to customers (sometimes).

GabeN@valvesoftware.com

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I've always had fairly good support, nothing to complain about.