1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Download CS3?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ch424, 30 Jan 2009.

1. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Hi people

I need to do some video editing, quite soon. My brother bought Premiere CS3 when it came out a year or two ago and isn't using it at the moment. However, he (and the CD) are at home, and I'm at uni. Does anyone know if I can download a 'trial' version off Adobe's website (or cnet/download.com or whatever) and then type the CD key in to activate it?

Thanks

ch424

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Use royal mail special delivery, works rather well.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I believe so yes although it has to be the same version. You could always give it a try! You will need to deactivate the installation at home to free up the serial number.

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Can he do that by going to the adobe website? He lost his old installation when his HDD died.

edit: I'm installing the trial now - it's 680MB so presumably is the full version with some kind of time-limitation :)

5. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. In the end, I downloaded and used the trial of Premiere Pro CS3. I tried typing in my brother's code to activate it, but it turns out that he'd bought the whole Production Premium suite as a student offer, and you can't use the codes from that for the individual apps - you have to put them all on at once. Anyway, I have all of it now (Premiere, Soundbooth, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator, Encore and Photoshop) so it's brilliant :D