1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Temporary GPU >£100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spigsy, 5 Dec 2016.

1. Spigsy

Spigsy What's a Dremel?

Good afternoon all,

I've just finished building and mounting my new Thermaltake core P3 based build, and as I've predicted have run out of expendable funds until the new year. I'm looking to spend around £100 on a GPU as a tideover until I can afford the 1070HOF that I've been eyeing up- obviously I figure I can sell the card on then so it shouldn't be much of an investment.

Is a 7970/280x or 770 about the best I'll get 2nd hand? I expect this compare favourably with the 1050 which is my new option at this price point. Until I get around to buying an ultrawide (see my other post) I expect to be playing at 1920x1080, I'm happy to keep details medium for the forseeable future.

I've been running a laptop for the last few years so I don't have a donor card kicking around from an old system... unless you count a HD4670. (I don't!)

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

You should be able to pick up a 970 for around £120. That's where I'd place my money if I were you.

3. Spigsy

Spigsy What's a Dremel?

Really, I didn't know they were going so cheap. Good to know, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Oh yes! A 7970 can be had for as little as £60 to £75 now. :)

5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

If you're interested, I have a r9 270 gaming g2 for £45 inc postage... no box though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Sorry for the delay... My fault entirely. Glad it got to you in one piece and is working ok!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk