1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New projects announced today (Tuesday)

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Christopher N. Lew, 26 May 2009.

1. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

From main F@H forum http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10105

"Projects 5910 and 5911 just went up on advmethods. 5910 is an extension of project 5906 and 5911 is an extension of 5905. Since 590x's already been through the whole testing cycle and these projects are extensions of those, we'll be moving through the usual testing regime more quickly than normal.

Please note, the behavior of this core is different from what you may expect. The following behaviors are NORMAL, and the points credit takes it into consideration:

* Varying time per frame
    * Low GPU temperatures
    * Fluctuating CPU usage (somewhat higher than GPU core 11).

5910 WU's are worth 472 points, with a preferred deadline of 2 days and final deadline of 3 days.
    5911 WU's are worth 1888 points, with a preferred deadline of 3 days and final deadline of 6 days.

Thanks for folding!"

I like the 1888 pointers! :D

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

W1n! :D

3. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

Me tooooooo! And I seem to be getting nothing but P5911's today. (Well, ever since the early hours when it looked like 171.64.65.106 was going to run out and these new WU's were readied on the hurry-up.) Not a pesky 511 pointer to be seen.

4. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Already burned through one this morning!:clap:

5. Unicorn

+1, I've been getting them all day too!

6. manxminx

manxminx Opps, I broke my Dremel . . .

It's taking me around 16 hours to do a P5911 on my 9600GSO :waah: I love the cool temp though :D

7. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

Yessss

"5911 WU's are worth 1888 points, with a preferred deadline of 3 days and final deadline of 6 days."

Just had my first 1888 after days and days of 511 pointers - there is a god after all :)

8. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

The 5910 - 472 pointers I think are gits and just as bad if not worse than a 511 pointer!

(I think its them anyway or certainly a 4** pointer of some sort ive had the last few days lol)

9. patchcable

patchcable Preparing to commence simulation

I was wondering what happens if you don't meet the preferred deadline because I might fall short of the one I am processing now?

10. Unicorn

You'll get a partial credit for it patchable.

11. patchcable

Hi Unicorn i passed the preferred deadline by a couple of hours but i was still awarded the full points of the work unit. Are you sure its not a partial credit if you exceed the final deadline?

12. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

If you pass the preferred deadline it makes no difference to the credit you are awarded. However, the work unit will be reassigned, unnecessarily duplicating the work being done.

If you pass the final deadline you will get no points at all.

13. patchcable

ohh i understand, thanks. It was my first work unit so i was on and off with it and also didn't realise someone had switched the machine off. Think i might move all my hardware into the spare room so i can keep an eye on it lol!

14. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

I think if you pass the final deadline your computer should abandon the work unit
    and download another. I had an expired-date work unit that kept going until I deleted it.

If you pass the preffered deadline, someone else will get a copy of it. It is worthwhile
    completing it before the final deadline, though, as the second person might not complete it.