1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Painting my PC case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by t103Ninja, 14 Jul 2014.

1. t103Ninja

t103Ninja What's a Dremel?

i recently bought the corsair air 540 and its brilliant, i love the massive side window and the dual compartments blah blah blah
    but from an aesthetics point of view its just a black box, kinda boring so i want to paint it not only to make it look cooler but to also make it my own if that makes sence

ill be paiting the mesh front and top panel (just the mesh) and the inside the case everything else will be left the stock black, everything that im painting is metal

i bought a couple of different brands of spray paint (MTN 94 and mean machine car paint) and did some test sprays MTN 94 dried and looked more orange than red and the mean machine looked kind of pinkish
    im looking for a deep candy red and i would like a glitter lacquer to give it a cool sparkle effect, can anyone reccomend some good brand paint? i have looked around alot but after my two test cans not looking right i just dont know what to buy

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

By the sound of it, you want something more metallic if you want it to have a glitter / deeper candy colour. I've never painted, but I used to work at a mechanic shop, for candies they normally use a silver base coat and use the candy colour on top of it.

A quick google of "how to paint candy colours" turned up this link to dupli-colours site which does say you start with a silver candy base coat, than put the candy colour on top, than clear coat it.

3. t103Ninja

t103Ninja What's a Dremel?

yeah a metallic finish would be cool, thanks alot for the link thats very helpfull :)
    this dupli-color stuff looks great but im having trouble finding it in the uk :/

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I'd say to ask whoever did green manilashi (I've butchered the name, sorry! :duh:) as that's got an awesome paint coat! Also, there's a few other PC's that have had candy paint in the project logs.. One being a red one that has been updated recently, dont know if you would want to sift through them or not though.. :lol:

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I might be making assumptions here but I image he has access to a paint gun / airbrush, and he could have potentially used automotive grade / professional stuff.

As to finding it in the UK, that I can't particularly help with, but have you checked online at places such as Amazon, or eBay or something?

6. wufer

wufer What's a Dremel?

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat