1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Full ATX ECS 880G motherboard detailed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 21 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Unless it has core unlocking this definitely will be a miss for the enthusiast market

3. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

breaking another motherboard?

to be honest im surprised any company lets you aywhere near their PCBs after the 'fermi incident'

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Enthusiast market? You did read this, right?

5. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Enthusiasts have to work to a budget too :p unfortunately mine is very small and I want to spend more on GPU's

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Well, the the enthusiast market is basically defined as "spends ****-loads of money on hardware... all the time" or overclockers. But they normally wouldn't pick a board like this I guess.

7. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Two PCI-E slots plus integrated graphics, and (sadly just) 5 6GBps SATA ports? This sounds like it will be a solid fit for barebone systems sold out of PC shops everywhere.

If it's around $80-90 that is.

8. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Cheap folding board?

9. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

MSI does great here in Colombia, as also does ASUS and Abit and everything, we get high end products in the stores, we like to buy high end videocards, same as in CHile, Argentina, Brasil and whatever, just like any market.

Meh, what a dissapointment... the lamest quote ever made in this site :(

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Perhaps they're looking at data you're not considering.

I know for a fact that a board like this will fly off the shelves in India. We're a country with low purchasing power and the unfortunate mentality that games are for kids. Therefore, you have a lot of skint kids trying to convince their folks (who have low purchasing power) to buy them gaming hardware that is between 1.5-2.5x more expensive than the USA.

This board would 'make sense' to a lot of people. Integrated graphics, USB 3 (a tick on the feature list, basically), support for the latest CPU/RAM (just another way to sell the upgrade to the parents) and so on.

11. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

No one commented and highlighted the fact that this is the first motherboard launched recently that has no IDE connector, just the connector we've been dying for not to have! Other manufacturers should follow the example of removing this legacy connector and play with the layout a little bit more and add new features if possible (useful ones, of course).

Although ECS is a company aiming for the low-mid range whilst having an enthusiast board reviewed here, they deserve some praise for reason I previously mentioned.

12. alpha0ne23

alpha0ne23 What's a Dremel?

That pink 'thermal' goo (as in its 'kin useless) is the work of the devil

Tags: Add Tags