News Nintendo unveils its NX as the Switch modular console

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Oct 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Super excited by this! Apparently they already have a lot of devs on board, Just hope they can get decent battery life

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It'll need to be either dirt cheap or having a cracking selection of games to avoid dying the same death as the Wii U.

In fact, imo this what the Wii U should've been...

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Pretty much all Nintendo's game development resources will be able to be put into Switch, rather than being split across portable-only and home-only platforms. Given the amount of great games on the DS and 3DS, and on the Wii U, I think the game selection will be just fine.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

6. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

I'm interested to see what media and "non-gaming" support this will have - I suspect Nintendo being Nintendo (and with some of the burns they had with the wii u) would focus on just gaming but I feel that would be a mistake - as a console/to conection it should have the big media streaming service like Netflix etc but most importantly when using it as a tablet it should have a web browser - that way it could replace people's iPads/android tablets (that have become a bit boring and tend to just be web browsing devices) and will help them justify a higher price