1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Firefox update removed all add ons

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cerberus90, 14 Nov 2014.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Anyone else had this?

Noticed it the other day, when ABP was no longer there, and FlashGot had also gone, looked at Add-ons and there was nothing there.

And just now that I've got FlashGot back on, it looks as though something happened to FlashGet as well (which might worry me slightly as it's a seperate program to Firefox).

Must have been after the update to 33.1 (with the new stuff on the SpeedDial window), as it was all there the other day.

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I updated to 33.1 a while ago and just this minute updated to 33.1.1.

I have loads of addons and all of them were present and correct after the updates.

The only thing I can think of is was it a Firefox install that hadn't been updated for a long time. Maybe out of date addons were disabled with the new version?

3. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

From when I used to use Firefox it would disable any add-ons it thought weren't compatible with the newer version of it self. Would be OK once the app developer updated their add-on.

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Have you started it in safemode or possibly reset firefox. The upgrade shouldn't remove your addons.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

^This^

FF shouldn't remove addons, just disable the incompatible ones.
    Not that i use FF since they changed to Australis, i find Pale Moon to be much better.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary, and it was kept up to date (always auto updates itself). And the add-ons didn't appear to just be disabled, they seemed to have gone completely, nothing at all in the Add-on list. Extensions were still present, and saved passwords etc and other stuff was still there.

The really odd thing is that it appeared to partially delete FlashGet, but only the exe file, other files were still there in the install directory, but no exe, so when launching from the start menu it said it wasn't installed correctly or something.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Hmmm, I am running Avast, but I've not manually updated it for a while.....I think, it auto updates the definitions, maybe it's done a small update itself.

Would appear to be the most likely culprit. I'll keep an eye on it. Wonder if that's why FlashGet got deleted too, as it was kind of linked into Firefox through Flashgot, and is a download manager.

Maybe it's time for a change with my AV? :D