1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News R520 now heading for September - report

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 7 Jul 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Bonus points for whoever can make out the appointments in the screencap of my calendar :D

3. OOOOH NICE!! I'll have to wait and see if I should get this or a 7800GTX now

4. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Mummy, please make them stop, I can't keep up :wallbash:

5. smashie: yeah, you've just got the latest, fastest component . . .

and then a month or so later it's old news :sigh:

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

why would they call it x900? surely they'd want x1800 or xi800 or something, going by the add-1000-per-generation logic that's worked for some time. I'm just waiting for nVidia's 9800pro (what, 128 pipes or so?)

ati keeps shooting themselves in the foot with these delays after nvidia. the somewhat added hype doesn't make up for the lost selling time, especially considering how fast graphics tech refreshes. three months comes out to a good quarter of the market of it being the top dog, and if you release it with higher specs only to have your competitor top you again a week later, it only comes down to price and brand loyalty, neither of which are good to bank on.

7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Cause ive been saying x900 on the forums for a few months now. :)

Im waiting to see how many n00bs will buy a ATI 9800 thinking its a Nvidia 9800 but at 1 tenth of the price (and performance)

The only way there getting shot in the foot is because Nvidia made a product launch rather than a paper launch. Everyone including me was expecting both to release the specs and roughly the same time and then release the card like a month later. If Nvidia only paperlaunched this, ATI wouldnt seem so far behind.

/me is still looking to preorder dual x900s

Tags: Add Tags