1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA-790XTA-UD4 NVIDIA?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by AoE, 5 Dec 2011.

1. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

Hi guys is the GA-790XTA-UD4 motherboard compatible with NVIDIA cards? As I only see information about ATI and crossfire on the manual

2. DarrenH

DarrenH What's a Dremel?

I have the very same mobo. I do not see why you can't use NVidia on this board. It has 2 available PCI-e slots.

This is an AMD CPU board so you can't fit intel or anything - but it does not say it can't work with NVidia.

I have 2 AMD 5770 cards purely for cost and I wanted an AMD/AMD setup. I love the motherboard and would happily put an Nvidia card on it if I decided to. But maybe someone from Gigabyte can tell you otherwise.

The manual only mentions ATI cards and crossfire-enabled. I am just assuming it will also take SLI but that is not 1,000% ==> http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-790xta-ud4_e.pdf

*UPDATE: just googled and common consensus is 790x chipset won't allow SLI, only Cross-fire. So you can put a single NVidia card in, just not 2!!

Last edited: 8 Dec 2011
  3. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

thanks alot man appreciate it that helps me