1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Soooo....Wii games then

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kempez, 16 Dec 2007.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

Put my Wii on eBay to see how it did. Didn't come up to what i was prepared to let it go for so I'm keeping it. I have:

* Wii Sports
    * Wii Play
    * Big Brain Academy (don't ask - missus likes it)
    * SSX Blur
    * Had some classic games but tbh didn't play em much after completing them again (Sonic/Mario/SFII/Bomberman)

Looking at sonic/Mario Olympics game, looks good. May get Resi Evil X

Also another bit of BG, have a PS3/360/Gaming PC's and have a load of FPS on them. Like playing Wii sports with mates too. Have a short attention span and don't get loads of time to play Wii, soooo...the point

What games should I get??

2. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Super Mario Galaxy! I got it yesterday since I just got back home and it's been a lot more fun than I anticipated, seeing as I'm not usually a big fan of platformers :)

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

If you're only playing it every so often and with mates, stick with party and sports games. Although I really enjoyed Zelda, I sold mine after 8-9 months as I bought no other games for it simply as party games aren't my thing...

4. Major

Major Guest

Kempez - I'm not gonna buy Mario vs Sonic as it's had not so great reviews on YouTube.

Going to buy Monkey Ball, Mario Kart 64 + F Zero X for the Wii. Shall be very fun! ;) (And will be cheaper than Sonic)

Is SSX Blur any good?

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Story of my life Wii.

6. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

My mates dad just bought one. Says it all about them if you ask me. Great for the non gamer and people with loads of time to spread between consoles/games - but for me it just didn't (and still doesn't seem to) offer enough to entertain me beyond the odd Sports session with my family or girlfriend.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Super Mario Galaxy, Need for speed (not everyone's favourite, but I quite liked it, made a good change on the Wii). Tiger Woods' golf is supposed to be good too, I haven't got round to getting that yet though.

8. Major

Major Guest

No, a lot of people buying the Wii are buying them for the ****ing sake of it, that's what is pissing me off. The people who actually want one couldn't get their hands on one because all the retards who just want one to say "Hey I have a Wii" have them.

Nintendo is a loyalty brand imo, majority of the people who buy Nintendo consoles are people who have grown up with them or have played them with a brother when they where younger. I can't see some hardcore FPS'er playing Mario Galaxy. I've always loved Nintendo, more than Sony, it has so much more replay value, and when Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl is released, the Wii will be played most days in my house until the new console is released. I still play Super Smash Brothers Melee and Mario Kart DD and have done for a very long time, and if I had my Nintendo with me I could stick that in now and play Goldeneye, MK64, FZEROX, SSB etc instantly because those games never die, and they never get boring, can't say the same thing about the games on the PS2, PS3, Xbox etc.

9. kempez

kempez modding again!

Goldeneye ruled tbh, great game

Will deffo get MarioCart, will be awesome :) Smash Bro's Brawl too :) I loved the look of the M vs S Olympics, not got good reviews ya say? :(

@ Major: fair enough, although I wasn't looking for a lecture on which consoles are the best!

EDIT: I bought a Wii 'cause I wanted a Wii and loved the concept (and loved my DS) and bought it on release date, pre-ordered

10. Major

Major Guest

Lol sorry about my little rant, but I have quite a few friends who didn't know what Nintendo was, bought a console, played Wii Tennis for 5 minutes and haven't touched their console in over a year. :p

Yeah Double Dash is pretty good imo, great Multiplayer game, I like the concept of playing MK64 on a gamecube controller, I'll see how it turns out like, can't wait to play F Zero X too again.

For me mate, Mario vs Sonic is so overpriced, it's £45 in some places around Exeter, and £40 in Game etc. So expensive in my opinion, I'll buy it second hand for £20 100%, but for £40 it's pushing it. Super Monkey Ball is £20, and I heard it has 50 mini games with it, some of them should be quite good!

11. kempez

kempez modding again!

Might take a look at SMB then :)

And I'm with you, will pick MvSOlympics up 2nd hand :)

But ye, been a Ninty fan since my NES on UK release day!

12. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Metroid Prime 3.

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm as hardcore a gamer as they come and I still play my wii. It's not about the console at all - it's about the games. If there's resident evil and so on then it keeps me happy. SMG is an awesome game which has hardcore and casual appeal - my gf and me play it together and there are a few games on the horizon which look very tempting. At the price it's worth just picking one up for the hell of it, especially if you have a big selection of Gamecube games.

Granted, it mostly sees use at parties when we break out Warioware, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't get Resident Evil though, it's crap. Get Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3.

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I've got:

Mario Galaxy
    Guitar Hero 3
    Need for Speed: ProStreet

Love all 3 to death, all are really fun :D

Plus the WiiMote dock and charge station is so worth the money btw

15. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

The trouble with the Wii console is its image. Its viewed upon by (stupid) gamers & the games industry as being a kiddies console, this stigmata has been inflicted on Nintendo ever since the NES. Games manufactures seem to think that the best games must have the best graphics regardless of game play, therefore the Nintendo console gets bypassed.
    However, most of the best games ever come from Nintendo - Sony wouldn't know what makes a brilliant game if it bit them in the ass! (Metal Gear excluded!) And I think Nintendo realised this when making the Wii - no need for fancy graphics just great game play.

Its just a shame that it seems a little over looked when being developed for by game companies. We have to wait for Nintendo to release games. But when they do...... oooohhh boy! Gaming at its VERY best.

16. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Can I please advise people against buying/getting/going near super monkey ball banana blitz it's absolutely terrible. 95% of the minigames are broken/terrible and they made monkey target (best minigame in past games) quite bad this time too.
    The singleplayer is crap too, the controls don't add anything, an analogue stick is much better and they have pathetic bosses.

Buy Super monkey ball (1) on the Gamecube instead you cant go wrong! As it's the best one in the series

17. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Sadly i've not seen that much in terms of Nintendo AAA quality on the Wii. Super mario galaxy and Zelda Twilight princess are the only ones IMO.
    Metroid 3 and Super paper mario are pretty decent mind.

I <3 the Virtual console however

18. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

^ I agree. But you cant expect just Nintendo to roll out AAA titles every month. This is why other game manufactures should forget about their blinkered approach of thinking the best games must have the best graphics, therefore the Wii isnt the right platform for them because its graphically the weakest out of the current three consoles.

Look at the PS3 - its hardly a busting at the seams with AA let alone AAA titles!

19. kempez

kempez modding again!

The Wii and indeed Ninty make good fun games and therefore, consoles, I agree

Not a fan of Zelda. Played it and didn't like it (lack of patience mainly I think).

@ Joe - thanks for re-affirming what i suspected of SMG - the missus has her eye on it and I know I'd play it with her. I'll probably get a few of the recommended games apart from Zelda which I already sold ages ago

20. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I'm looking forward to playing SMG on my Wii - it'll be a Xmas present from my folks.

The good bit is that it forces me to finally finish Mario 64, which I'm ashamed to say I only got up to 32 or so stars back in the day. Great game, particularly considering how they invented most of the things - they had no-one to copy. :)

(Up to 29 stars as of last night - only 91 to go :p)

Tags: