1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Push-button fanbus with memory?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Marvin, 4 Sep 2003.

1. Marvin

Marvin What's a Dremel?

Just to stirr an old topic, has anyone been able to make a pushbutton fanbus that does remember the state it was previously?

If so, then I would like to know how it can be done. At first I was thinking about ripping some juice from +5VSB line, but thought that it should somehow remember state anyhow

2. Risky

Risky Modder

3. Marvin

Marvin What's a Dremel?

yes I have read that couple of times but it does not answer that question, how to remember old state after shutdown. It does have couple of truly nice features though...

4. OrbDemon

OrbDemon Minimodder

Could you not use something like this.

5. Marvin

Marvin What's a Dremel?

Nice one, Orb, You just pointed me to one of my own postings :D :rock:

The reason I would like to do it 4017 style is that it would be so easy to get leds to display the fanspeed. If this is not possible, then Ill just have to do it with that DS1809 I mentioned in that other posting and attach a LM3914 to it to get bargraph

Marvin, please start a new thread rather than re-open ones as old (and not all that relavent) as this one, & oblige cpemma.. :nono:

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

:D I'm so proud to get a thread linked :D

7. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

I did this for my in-car MP3 player volume control ( http://amimpc.world3.net ). I used a couple of DS1669 to get stereo, because they didn't have the stereo version available at Farnell back then.

A little hint. If you want to use more than one DS1669 connected to the same two buttons, use the info in the datasheet on connecting a microprocessor to the up/down inputs to wire them up. Basically, you need to put some diodes between them. I found that simply wiring them together produced strange results, with one or the other randomly deciding to go into one button mode at power up.

MoJo