1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp How do I use this to make a template?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Kronos, 3 Jul 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Downloaded Sketch up so that I can make a line drawing of my GPU backplate and I am stumped already.

I can see how to draw a line but not at the precise length I want as I do not see any measuring tool.

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Draw the line, once you click for the end of the line you can just type in the length as well.

You should see the length in the bottom right.

I found vids like these really useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcyWodv5g_o

Last edited: 3 Jul 2015
  3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks but I have spent ages trying to figure this out. I want the measurements actually on the drawing as I am going to be taking it to a laser printer service who need a line drawing seemingly and at the tender age of 61 this has been far to frustrating that I eventually removed the GTX 980 backplate drew round it and then added the measurements.

I would love it to look more professional so will ask on the forum if someone could do the drawing for me.
    Thanks for your help.

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Sorry I misunderstood you.

There is a tape measure function. It allows you to measure between two points.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Replied to your PM.

6. asura

asura jack of all trades

Once you've started a line, move the cursor to the axis you want the line, type in the length you desire, and hit return.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks mate Goatee has kindly offered to do this for me. Thanks again for your offer of help again.