1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Can someone sleeve/create me some cables?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by atc95, 25 Jan 2016.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Hi,

Looking at getting some cable sleeving done but it will be for a sff Silverstone psu and powering GPUs so I would like some custom created cables as well specifically for having a 2 x 6 pin adapter to come from the sata/molex of the psu. As a result, my request seems to be out of reach of normal sleeving as I need custom connectors.

Does anyone know of, or would be willing to take on a project, to do cable sleeving of custom cables?

I am happy to supply original cables if that helps with compatibility for sleeving companies but would want them sleeved, shortened and the sata/molex customised.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

It's always a good idea to retain the original cables in case of an RMA.

Although I won't be able to do it I can perhaps clarify your requirements. Are you intending to use the PSU connector for the SATA and/or Auxiliary to create an adapter for a single or dual 6 Pin connector for the GPU? A 6 pin GPU connector supplies up to 75W which, if connected to SATA/Auxiliary connector, would be carried through a single wire. With 18AWG or equivalent that's fine for a single adapter but borderline for a dual adapter.

PexonPCS does sleeving in the UK.

3. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Well I bought the PP05 Silverstone extension kit so I would have a set of un modded cables and but may not all be original.

It is the 600w model so the 8 Pin from the PSU has 2 x8 pin PCIE. My motherboard has an HDD saver cable and I have M.2 so the sata and molex are unused at the moment as all that runs through the 24 and 8 pin. So I have 2 6 Pin cables from the PSU which I know can be adapted to each have a 6 Pin PCI-E cable as well as a molex or sata connector, which I would want as a spare.
    I don't have the skills myself but I am looking for someone to make custom connectors of those cables to have a 6 pin built in the end of each cable, rather than the extension cables you can get which look pretty ugly.

Will have a look at PexonPCS now, thanks!