1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What game would you like to see created?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by atc95, 17 Oct 2015.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Just a thread to see where the gaps in the market are and if there are any early access games or otherwise getting close.

My ideas:

1. A online co-op game with a heist theme sort of like oceans11

2. A mafia vs cartel game where you can play as members and moles on each side of a gang war.

3. A proper pirate game, black flag was close but if sid meiers pirates got remade, since I believe 2004, into a ue4 game I think it would go down well.

Any other games people want to see, purely for interest to see the trend.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2015
  2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

A new, proper adventure game in the spirit of classics like Beneath a steel sky, Legend of Kyrandia or King's Quest. That's what I would like - I'm not really into multiplayer, so good single player experiences is what I'm after.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Game based in a concentration camp.

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

So just a light and simple game? Fun for the whole family?

5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

One of those ones where everyone can gather around the monitor and enjoy.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

PC versions of any (all) of the Disgaea games.

For games that simply don't exist... a game version of "Fantastic Voyage"? Always enjoyed that book.

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Just to let you know there are/have been games like this:

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Age of Pirates 1 & 2

Sea Dogs if you're looking for a little something older.
    Then Hearts of Oak Conquest of the Seas is something being worked on at the moment.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

9. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

1. A top down (think Dungeon Siege) squad-based light RPG with simple combat, RTS gathering/building mechanics and a few roguelike elements set in ~50 B.C. Gaul based entirely around travelling. You gather/acquire the necessary resources along the way and set up a defendable camp for the night, where you might have to fend off bandits.
    My full concept right now is a bit complex with lots of micro-management features, so it would probably need some streamlining to remain fun.

2. A temple exploration "walking simulator" with procedurally-generated environments. Ideally generation which almost looks human-made (which is probably too complicated to happen live, so purely for speedier content creation during development)

Actually I'd just like Shadow of the Colossus with more temples dotted around the landscape, carved out of cliffs etc. I love the architecture in that game.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I’d like a game where everything was tamable with amazing stories to each animal/beast you tame. I’d like the animals to grow perhaps evolve with you as you progress / level through a massive open world.

I guess what i’m trying to say is i’d like a damn pokemon built using Cry Engine meanwhile having an open world like warcraft while incorporating great story lines.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'd like to see Homeworld expanded to include ground fighting, and to be on the scale of a galaxy.

I also want a sci fi FPS that represents being in the future and you can pilot ships and interact with others and.. oh wait, I'm describing Star Citizen. Never mind :D .

12. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Playing the role of a German civilian at the time of the fall of Berlin would interest me.

13. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It might sound dull to some people but I'd quite like a multiplayer city-building game, preferably where you're not some super powerful governor but instead control a construction company or a labourer for one.

I really like the way A Tale in the Desert works, so would love to see a few more MMO or local multiplayer games that use a similar system where the game ends after a period of time and a new story starts.

The next part of the X series, though I don't want that one to be rushed as Egosoft need to take their time to make sure in a much better state than X:Rebirth when that one launched...

A multiplayer game where players start off by colonising one of a selection of planets (each planet is a game server), the servers then all link up in a central sector of space where the inhabitants of the planets engage in a massive conflict in order to gain temporary ownership of the resources contained in the sector and potentially have an opportunity to steal some of the unique technology belonging to another planet.
    Whoever owned the sector would be heavily outnumbered in defending it, so there'd possibly need to be some sort of mechanic to allow planets to ally up (with a trade agreement of some sort) or a buff for the defender.

Another game using the World of Darkness game system, though maybe not Vampire. It'd be interesting to see someone do something with the Changeling, Mummy or Wraith settings from the franchise.

Oh and I want Jade Cocoon 3!
    Though I think I might have to take matters into my own hands for that one.

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Chris Roberts is already making my answer.

15. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Open world sand box of Jet Set Willy.

A new Last Ninja keeping the isometric view.

Oh... And I'm sure they could remake phantom of the asteroids...

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

For years I've wished for Fabled Lands to get made into a 3D video game. Heck I'd settle for the series of books to be completed.

Complete with David Hasselhoff soundtrack. :hehe:

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

18. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

lol I need to read posts properly before replying.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Can be procedurally generated but still incorporate some pre-defined elements. If you had to discover the clues to an ancient civilization via exploration/mining, which progressively gets more scary the deeper you get. A real tomb raider.

For me:

System Shock 3. Or just a SS2 remake with revised tech tree.

STALKER 2. Group MMO, FPSRPG plz. Real 30 mile exclusion zone with changing environments, dynamic economy, factions, food and water, upgradable weapons Fallout 4 style. In fact just take Fallout 4 engine and make it STALKER.

Civilization with a more varied tech tree - or a tech tree where you cut off certain elements depending on your social or religious choices. I get to the 2nd half of the game and it routinely gets boring for me.

Banished, but with actual depth and more options, not cabin building simulator.

Another Vandal Hearts, but semi-casual. Not FF-hardcore level RPG.

Freelancer 2 - I hope Star Citizen SP will suffice. I will buy VR to do this.
    --Star Citizen but Star Trek. I WANT TO CAPTAIN THE DEFIANT PEW PEW PEWPEWPEW
    ---Star Citizen but where you get to design and build your own ships; winning fights to get $ to buy resources or simply mine resources to buy materials for upgrades. With real time damage modelling so you must successively improve your weak-points. Option for real space physics - real energy transfer from weapons fire. You thrust/you get hit, you keep going. Lasers that actually fire at the speed of light.
    ----Star Trek but can design and build your own ship.
    -----Star Trek Freelancer. I want Star Trek Freelancer, but where I can design/build my own ship and in the Star Citizen engine.
    ------Star Wars vs Star Trek in space. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter vs Galaxy Class
    I think I'm done. Someone pass the tissues.

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Oct 2015
  20. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Any Warhammer 40k game that is back in the hands of Relic, and Relic alone!