1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant eBay Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by KID52, 23 Jan 2013.

1. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

I placed an order for an item worth around £50 from eBay on 03/01. On 08/01 it showed this as being delivered. However the proof of delivery did not have my name or signature on, in fact the signature was just some circles, clearly no attempt at a name.

I contacted the seller and they refused to do anything until it was raised as a dispute, I assume they knew full well that it would be found in their favour as it had a tracking number. I had no choice so I opened a dispute, as soon as it was possible, the seller raised it to customer services who immediately closed the case in the sellers favour. They told me to claim from the delivery company, Parcel Force, which I cannot do and have already tried but they said I must be the sender.

At this point I am unsure what to do, I have no item and no money. The seller also seems unwilling to do anything about it at this point.

2. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Was it a private seller or a company??

3. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

I assume a company, they are registered as a business seller with 113K feedback and have a UK VAT number.

4. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

The company you bought it from made the contract with the delivery company, not you. They need to contact them and raise a dispute with them.

5. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

That is also what I thought to be correct. But I have tried contacting the seller, and they just aren't interested in trying to resolve the matter since eBay found in their favour in the dispute.

6. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Hi KID52,

My wife and I actually run a post office and I've had a quick look at the ParcelForce Claim form. Has the company given you a copy of their posting receipt via email or through eBay. If they have then you can claim everything yourself from ParcelForce. If you haven't then go back and demand it from them.

The form you need is a PF58 Parcelforce Worldwide Claim Form and it's perfectly ok for you to be able to claim.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to ask.

7. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid the company has provided me with nothing and now isn't responding to any messages. I will go back and ask them for the information, but I am not expecting a response. All I have is the tracking number.

I have tried submitting a claim online through the Parcel Force website as I hope this would be a quicker response than a snail mail form in case I wasn't able to claim.

8. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

You can go back to the company, just keep it polite and confirm you aren't claiming the money back from them but could really use their help. You can also raise another dispute based on lack of information as they have to supply you with the shipping details as proof it was shipped. Who is the company so we all will know never to use them?

9. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

post seller's ebay ID and your ebay ID here and get bit-tech to bombard seller inbox with "open parcel force dispute for %bit-tech ebay id here%" ?

It might work....

10. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

I've just sent a message asking for a copy of the posting receipt so I can make a claim.

Unfortunately as the case was raised to eBay customer support I am unable to open another case as the decision has been made. How they can accept a tracking number as sole proof I don't know, it doesn't even state the address on the information.

I won't post the seller's name at this point as they may eventually help out, but if they don't I will be sure to post it so people know to avoid them.

11. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Why did eBay find in the sellers favor if there was not a identifiable signature! What happens if the courier delivers it to the wrong house?

Stuff like this makes me think twice about eBay.

12. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

As soon as the seller raised it from a dispute to a claim eBay decided in their favour. Note that the seller raised it, not me, probably knowing it would be decided in their favour as they had a tracking number.

Apparently all that is required is a tracking number. They weren't interested where it was sent to or who signed for it apparently.

13. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

It needs to be sent to your registered address on your paypal account, but if it is then ebay will find in the sellers favour.

Have you tried calling the company directly (if you have there name and VAT number I'm sure a quick google will turn up some contact detials)

Although you are in the right I think if there being difficult your have a job to get your money back.

Good luck!!

14. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

It was sent to my registered PayPal/eBay address, although that address is not verified because I don't have a card registered at that address.

Haven't tried calling them yet, all they list is a mobile number.

Unfortunately I haven't received a response to my request for the posting receipt, but I will give them 24 hours before following up. I have also tried to appeal the eBay case but given their reasoning for the initial decision I doubt the appeal will be allowed.

Appreciate the help.

15. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

How did you pay? If it's credit card could you get them involved?

16. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

Regrettably my credit card was already at the limit so I had to use my debit card through PayPal. Tried to open a PayPal dispute but cannot as you have to open an eBay dispute for eBay items, which I have already done.

17. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

take them to small claims cort and tell them to prove it was a) delivered and b) accepted by you or someone at your house.

18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've done a 1000 + transactions on ebay on the few occasions it's gone wrong I have always opened a paypal dispute not an ebay one and have never lost it, I don't see why you can't open a paypal dispute, phone paypal and talk to them

19. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

They changed it recently that any eBay transaction can only be disputed on the eBay site, not through PayPal.

It's even more bad news, I've just heard back from Parcel Force.

"Unfortunately I cannot accept a claim on this parcel from yourself, as this parcel was shipped via a Parcelforce Worldwide contract holder. Only the contract holder can enter a claim for the goods sent, within 30 days from the date of posting. I would advise you contact the contract holder and request they enter a claim with Parcelforce Worldwide on your behalf. The contract holder would be the company from whom you purchased the service."

20. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Have you phoned ebay?

They're usually quite helpful on the phone.